HELP How to use the chat room I'm having trouble - Posted by Mike Oldfield

Posted by Bob MD on April 12, 1999 at 08:54:22:

Mike:

Your posts have indeed been helpful…keep-em coming. Sorry, I don’t have the expertise to help you with the chat room…I just enter my name and password and I’m in. It may be the format of your name that you enter. You could send an e-mail to JP for help.

Bob

HELP How to use the chat room I’m having trouble - Posted by Mike Oldfield

Posted by Mike Oldfield on April 12, 1999 at 05:49:19:

I have a password for the chat room but I don’t know what all this mirc business is about I tried to follow the directions but I cant get it to work.

I surf through aol. What is the easiest way to participate in the chat room with my setup

Thanks

Mike Oldfield

P.S. I have tried to leave many helpful posts. Can I gt one back thanks again

Re: HELP How to use the chat room I’m having trouble - Posted by Eddie FL

Posted by Eddie FL on April 13, 1999 at 23:55:03:

Mike,

If you are using AOL, I believe that you have to have v 4.0 and you should be able to get in, no problem. You need to click on the link to chat room, scroll down and put password in and you name that you will use.

If you have another browser installed on you computer and you are on aol all you hve to do is log on with AOL and then bring up your other browser, such as Netscape. It will ask you if that will be your default browser and you answer “no”. You then go to CREO and do the same thing as I mentioned earlier. Hope that helps

Eddie FL

Re: HELP How to use the chat room - Posted by Sandy FL

Posted by Sandy FL on April 13, 1999 at 08:33:49:

Hey Mike! Good to have you aboard.
I would call you Mr. Bicoastal, but that would not be accurate . But I do see by your new posting that you spend time in both New York AND Florida. Ever thought of flying down to Tampa for Bill Bronchicks seminar on April 17?

Hey anyway today is Tuesday and I am in my office. If you want some coaching on getting into the chat room, drop me an email. I guess Carol thinks I am the unofficial chat room instructor …? LOL

Sandy FL

P.S. Chat room lingo…the accelerating stages of mirth, depending upon the joke you just saw typed…

LOL = Laughing out loud
LMAO = Laughing My Ass-ets Off
ROFLMAO = Rolling on the Floor LMAO

That’ll get you started :wink:

Re: HELP How to use the chat room I’m having trouble - Posted by CarolFL

Posted by CarolFL on April 12, 1999 at 11:17:54:

Mike,
SandyFL walked me thru it with mirc the first time. I will email her and see if she can help you
Carol