Help i need help (i am knew) - Posted by Josh (MI)

Posted by Bill K. (AZ) on May 09, 1999 at 11:24:57:

Josh,

This very topic came up not long ago on this newsgroup.

Real estate agents are required to submit all offers to their seller UNLESS the seller gives instruction otherwise. For example, a seller may direct the agent not to present any offers which include seller financing, have contingencies, or suggest a purchase price below a certain level. However, as a professional, the agent owes you a response to your offer. It should not “sit” on his/her desk.

To find out if he/she presented your offer, you could request that the agent have your offer signed “REJECTED” by the seller. Other than that, you can check with the agent’s broker to see if your offers are being presented. Also, if you can find the sellers yourself, you may wish to contact them directly if you believe that the agent is unduly withholding your offer(s) from them.

Finally, a thread titled “R.E. Agents” posted by Peter Wells 10:22:30 5/07/99 can be found on this page. Peter asks the same question and there are several responses there as well.

Good luck in getting your offers presented.

Bill K. (AZ)

Help i need help (i am knew) - Posted by Josh (MI)

Posted by Josh (MI) on May 08, 1999 at 22:52:33:

Hi every one am new. can you help me.

Re: Help i need help (i am knew) - Posted by Dale(OH)

Posted by Dale(OH) on May 09, 1999 at 12:43:28:

Hi Josh!, you can get around the problem of agents letting your offers set on there desk buy stating in your offers that the buyer reserves the right to be present when agent presents offer too seller. This way you can be sure that your offer is being presented in a positive manner and not just tossed out on the table. By having an agent stamp rejected on your offers, you don’t know if the agent did this or the seller actually refused the offer. Hope this helps. Good Luck.

With WHAT? - Posted by Bill K. (AZ)

Posted by Bill K. (AZ) on May 09, 1999 at 24:36:01:

Josh,

There’s a lot of experience on this board. I’m sure that several folks can help you. Just one problem…

What’s your question?

Bill K. (AZ)

Re: With WHAT? - Posted by Josh

Posted by Josh on May 09, 1999 at 08:30:42:

I am having a hard time with the realestate agent. I feel they let my offers lay on thier desks. I feel they don’t submit my offers to the sellers. How can I go around this? Please help.

Thanks so much,
Josh