help I need Prices on two - Posted by jennifer

Posted by Karl (Oh) on April 24, 2002 at 21:48:21:

http://www.creonline.com/mobilehomes/wwwboard4/messages/14998.html

help I need Prices on two - Posted by jennifer

Posted by jennifer on April 22, 2002 at 19:10:48:

I am looking at two mobiles one is a 1969 hollypark another is a 1970 monarch bothe two bedrooms aprox 12/55 or 60 please tell me what you would pay ohio is where i live. Please tell me where i could get a guide for older trailers

Re: help I need Prices on two - Posted by Shawn Dostie

Posted by Shawn Dostie on April 24, 2002 at 17:20:47:

Jennifer,
I live a little south of you, approx 1 hour, and in our neck of the woods, in GREAT condition I would probably consider around $1,000.00 to $2000.00 for something like that unless I had it pre- sold. I just paid $4500.00 for a 1977 w/ new carpet, new fridge, stove, ready to move into, sitting on a 2 acre rented lot. This was before I knew about this site, and I probably paid too much, but it’s rented for 2 years @$200.00 per month and the’ve expressed an interest at $12,900.00 if it can stay on the rented lot (owner in florida) Good luck, and if you want to talk or compare notes you can call me at (740) 622-6388.

Good Luck,
Shawn

Re: help I need Prices on two - Posted by Karl (Oh)

Posted by Karl (Oh) on April 23, 2002 at 09:46:07:

Jennifer,

No offense to DataMinor2, but ignore his advice. The make and model don?t matter as much at that age, the condition of the home is much more important to the value. But without knowing your market, we can?t tell you what you should pay for any home. Half of the NADA value as a starting point will probably get you in trouble. There’s no guide that’s going to be better than your own market research. I like Steve?s rough rules of thumb on max numbers, I did it like that when I got started.

If you bought a 10X50 for $700 and sold it for $4k, you?re starting to develop some local market info. I would imagine with some effort you could find 12X60?s that fall in that same buy range. The key is only working with motivated sellers. I?ve had a lot of luck getting old 12X60?s in decent shape for under $1k and sold them for $6k or more with financing. But I?ve had better luck with 14 wides. Is there a reason you?re working with the smaller ones? Are you working with that guy who replied to one of your posts who owns two parks in Akron and needs trailers? Sounds like an opportunity to work with a friendly PM.

Karl Kleiner

jen, what are you looking for? - Posted by Steve W (WA)

Posted by Steve W (WA) on April 23, 2002 at 07:43:55:

Sounds like you are looking for MHs.

What should she be looking for, class?

Back when (3 mos or so ago), I read on this forum someone’s valuation of what they would pay compared to age. I have kind of adapted this to my own ROT (rule of thumb)
1960s max 2000
1970s max 3000
1980s max 4000
etc etc etc

nothing is set in stone, but I try to judge my deals around this if I have nothing else (like a buyer already! I have 4 right now - I need homes!)

Re: help I need Prices on two - Posted by DataMinor2

Posted by DataMinor2 on April 22, 2002 at 20:12:35:

Short story long, NADA comes out to 69 @ $7400 no extras included and no accounting for depreciation. 70 @ $6400 same as above. Now remember this is closer to top dollar than not. For my money, I’d go 50% of the lesser value (having not seen either) and SLOWLY work up if necessary. IF you knew your neighborhood, you wouldn’t need long distance guesses. Get out there and start asking more questions from the locals.
Good Luck!!

Re: help I need Prices on two - Posted by Shawn Dostie

Posted by Shawn Dostie on April 24, 2002 at 17:13:38:

Karl,
Who is the guy in Akron? Or, where is that post. He also may own the one in West Lafayette that I am trying to reach?

Thanks,
Shawn