Help!!!!!......Is it really necessary????? - Posted by Rob

Posted by Rob, on March 11, 1999 at 22:39:32:

Rob,

Unless you are doing owner financing, I would not give this guy anymore info

Help!!!..Is it really necessary??? - Posted by Rob

Posted by Rob on March 11, 1999 at 20:56:12:

I am working on a deal for myself. The owner lives 1,500 miles away. I sent him my credit report by fax. My credit is good.

Now, the owner is asking me for my SS#, income, and employment. I am unemployed, but have side jobs that support me enough. I only gave him my SS# except the last 4 digits because I have never met him.

I want this deal, but I don’t have anything in writing yet. What would you do?? I am afraid to give out too much information to any individual especially someone I never met. They can use this information to ruin my credit, or my life.

Any respond would help a ton.
Rob

Re: Help!!!..Is it really necessary??? - Posted by Lee

Posted by Lee on March 11, 1999 at 22:46:30:

Hi Rob,

Being a private investigator and knowing what I know about the vast information that can be obtained with a SSN I wouldn’t give it out unwillingly to anyone.
I once inquired about a franchise, the company asked for my credit report. I was happy to send them a copy of a copy, without my SSN, it had been whited out before I made the second copy. The owner of the company called and said “we tried to get your SSN from your credit report” I didn’t ask why… I knew.

You may want to concider meeting the owner half way (distance wise).

Good Luck
Lee (on the www)