HELP! Last Min. Panic! Showing first house today and still have????'s - Posted by Jenna

Re: Not the end, Just a pretty good opening position… - Posted by JohnBoy

Posted by JohnBoy on May 05, 2000 at 09:12:35:

Next time contact the seller and inform him when you will be showing the property. This way he doesn’t just happen to show up while your showing the property.

It sounds like he knows he screwed up from your post. I would also explain that everytime he gets in the middle like this its going to keep you from being able to get his property sold. Since you have a contract with him, he can’t sell without your release and that just ain’t gonna happen unless he can come up with the cash to cover your profit for all your work involved. Since he’s already behind in payments it doesn’t look like he would be able to do that, hence “Your going to loose your house fool if you keep interfearing with the selling process!”

Another option to prevent this from happening is to give the seller some tickets to a movie or a gift certificate to go to lunch and dinner during the time your showing the property. This usually work good when your trying to move a property that is still being occupied by the seller. Gets them out of the house while you show the property. Just figure a little more profit into the deal to cover these minor expenses for when you get it sold.

Re: So now what? - Posted by Jenna

Posted by Jenna on May 02, 2000 at 13:14:12:

Okay, this seller is behind on payments and desperate. My buyer’s down payment is to cover the back payments. My seller is desperate and probably would renegotiate if I told him it was the only way to do it, now that I have more information. His ex initially didn’t want to deed the property, but I would be willing to try again anyway. My question is, is it okay to renegotiate now with the sellers? I don’t mind b/c I don’t see them as having many options, but I was afraid it would just look horrible.

As for today, I guess it doesn’t really matter what agreement I have with the sellers as far as these buyers are concerned, as I don’t intend to sign anything with them if they do make an offer. Right now, they want to just qualify at the bank and pay cash, which should be fine then, but at that point I still have the question, won’t the bank have a problem since my name won’t be on the deed until closing with my seller?
I’m trying not to panic, but it’s almost too late for that. My immediate concern is how to handle the buyers today and showing the house to them, handling their questions, etc. I hate this second guessing.