Help me get rid of a Deed to Secure Debt? - Posted by Marida Gilbert

Posted by John Merchant on August 04, 2003 at 15:19:31:

Hmmm…well now, if you really want to liquidate your money I’ll be glad to provide you my mailing address so you can just send a check :wink:

Seriously, if you’ll state exactly what you own, whether a deed or note secured by deed of trust, whatever it is, you can likely get some helpful advice on this site.

It sounds like your husband was/is a lender and he got some kind of security instrument evidencing his loan. You need to sit down and read exactly what he has, what it says his rights are, etc., then you/he may be able to sell his interests or liquidate same so as to get his money back, or some of it anyway.

Next time he gets ready to put money in some kind of deal, I’d suggest you both go over it, beforehand, so you understand better what it is, how you’ll get repaid, etc… Much better to know ahead of time!

Help me get rid of a Deed to Secure Debt? - Posted by Marida Gilbert

Posted by Marida Gilbert on August 04, 2003 at 14:15:55:

My husband invested money in a property and was given a Deed to secure Debt. What are some suggestions on how we can liquidate our money, if we are no longer interested in developing the property.