Help me to make an offer - Posted by John FL.

Posted by PeteH(NYC) on December 07, 1999 at 20:53:29:

I don’t know your market or what you can likely sell the thing for, but it’s a safe bet that the closer this guy’s moving date comes, the less of a stickler he can afford to be about price. Let him twist in the wind a little while and the deal can only get better.

Help me to make an offer - Posted by John FL.

Posted by John FL. on December 07, 1999 at 19:03:56:

I went to see this mobile home 2bedroom 2 bath looks good
the guy dont own any money paid free and clear he is moving out of state in 3 weeks, wants out a.s.a.p.

He wants $4900.00 he told today,he will let it go for $4500.00 cash. he is leaving some furniture in, tables dining set and beds.

He pays $315.00 montly for the lot that includes water and garbage pick up.

I want to move fast I think it is a good Deal,It is located around Miami area , I know it could be rented fast.

Please give some ideas, about different aproaches, that will make financial sense.I told him Ill make him an offer within 48 hours.

Whats the best way

thanks much

Re: Help me to make an offer - Posted by John (WA)

Posted by John (WA) on December 08, 1999 at 10:10:22:

John,

The price is not so great that you should jump on it. I agree, your bargaining strength will increase as it gets closer to moving time. This is Dec. and “most” people will be using their cash for Christmas. It’s not likely someone will buy it out from under you at $4500. If they do, so what. In the mean time, check with the park to find out what kind of restrictions they have. As you push closer to the seller’s moving date, you need to make sure your ducks are lined up and can act quickly.

Also, seems to me that the lot rent is a bit high but perhaps not for your area. Just realize this will affect what you can get in terms of payments. The combination of the two have to be competitive with the rental market. This dictates what you can pay for the home and still get the kind of yield you are looking for. Good luck.

Re: Help me to make an offer - Posted by Alexander (Fl)

Posted by Alexander (Fl) on December 07, 1999 at 22:34:27:

John,

With the kind of lower-priced housed demand there is in Dade county, you should not have any problem selling that home for at least twice that much.

Advertise it in the Flyer magazine in the area the mobile home park is located in on a lease-option contract.

Remember our spanish-speaking clientele. If you would like help with the language or the structure of the contract, feel free to contact me directly.

Alexander
(305) 461-1991

Re: Help me to make an offer - Posted by d.henderson

Posted by d.henderson on December 07, 1999 at 21:25:48:

Make SURE that you can, L/O or sell again in this park, also that lot rent is current. Be sure to do your do diligence. Leave yourself some outs in the contract if you find out things aren’t as they should be. Get that mobile signed up if all checks out!!!
Good Luck
Dee-Texas
PS. If your going to do mobile deals, you have to get Lonnie’s books they are priceless. Best books on mobiles.