Help! Need checklist for buying notes - Posted by GJ

Posted by GJ on March 20, 2000 at 20:06:39:

Thanks John. I still didn’t get the material but I am sure they are on the way.

While I have bought and sold properties and carried a couple of the notes, I have never bought a note. I have the opportunity to buy a couple of notes and I am trying to figure out the things I need to include in my “due-diligence”. The notes are well seasoned and the discount will make them a great return. Where I need the help is understanding the right rocks to turn over and steps to take. I understand how to calculate the return, just want to make sure I don’t get burned or miss something. Easier to learn from all of you than make the stupid mistakes. (I have made a few of them on buying and selling property. :wink: )

Thanks for your help John.

GJ

Help! Need checklist for buying notes - Posted by GJ

Posted by GJ on March 19, 2000 at 14:15:26:

I have John’s information coming but I have a deal right now that I am looking at. Good season on the notes (10+ years) on single family homes. Good discount.

What is the checklist I should go through before buying these?

Thanks for your help.

Re: Help! Need checklist for buying notes - Posted by Michael Morrongiello

Posted by Michael Morrongiello on March 20, 2000 at 14:11:11:

GJ:
I have a simple documentation checklist I can fax to you for your review. It is not suppose to suplant a complete due diligence format but it will help you obtain what is needed to accomplish this.

Michael Morrongiello

Re: Help! Need checklist for buying notes - Posted by John Behle

Posted by John Behle on March 19, 2000 at 21:22:03:

It’s very important to do the “due-diligence” on notes properly. Your course was shipped (all of them were) last week and should be to you by tomorrow. If not, feel free to email and then call me.

In the meantime, give us the information about the notes. All the details you have and we can step through it.