Help on 1st Lonnie Deal - Posted by Bill Miller

Posted by Bill K. - FL on January 18, 2000 at 16:21:40:

I’d go with the 3/2. More profit potential. Easier to sell than a 2 bdr. Won’t have to negotiate price down too much. Make sure it can stay in park. Check condition. Should be able to resell for 6k or more I would think. Try to sell as-is if possible. Good luck.

Help on 1st Lonnie Deal - Posted by Bill Miller

Posted by Bill Miller on January 18, 2000 at 16:10:37:

I just ordered Deals on Wheels but need some input now. I found two deals and need second opinion before I progress any further. Lady owes $7,000 on an "88 2br/2ba with fireplace. Needs carpet and wallpaper. Will take $1500 to get out from under lot pymt. of 267. They just built new.
Also, found 3 br/2ba "83 for $2000 in same park. Pretty good shape. I’m a rehabber in Indpls. but these sure look like fun to do. I appreciate anyone’s input
Bill Miller

bulls eye - Posted by Gator

Posted by Gator on January 19, 2000 at 08:34:09:

The books will help a lot. The lot rent is high for my area so possible holding cost would make me nervous but I don’t know your area. Placing an ad today would help you guage the demand in your area. If you found these deals so quickly there must be an abundance of them so you can probably afford to wait for the books. All in all, Yes it looks like you have a couple of good deals. Nail em. Best of luck.

Gator

I would suggest… - Posted by Dirk Roach

Posted by Dirk Roach on January 18, 2000 at 16:55:51:

Hi Bill,
I by no means want to rain on anyone’s parade, esp. when someone is just getting into this game. However the lessons and advice etc. That you will find in Lonnie’s books, will save you a ton of trouble.
Good deals are out all over the place, esp. in the used MH game. Don’t fall in love with any, because there is always a better one right around the corner. My advice would be at this point to wait for Lonnie’s books, and read and understand them fully before committing to anything. I would even wait and read them BEFORE getting into negotiating etc. on any MH deals. Lonnie’s “real-world” advice can be extremely beneficial.
And you are right these little deals are a lot of fun!
Dirk