Help or Suggestions -- regarding Excel Spreadsheet - Posted by Ron

Posted by Ron on August 01, 2007 at 12:22:21:

John,

Thank you for your help! I did pass along the spreadsheet to the individual and will include the additional information that you provided today. So, as of yet, I have not received any feedback from the individual needing the spreadsheet.

Again, thank you for everything that you do for this forum. I have learned so much from you, David and Michael, et al.

Ron

Help or Suggestions – regarding Excel Spreadsheet - Posted by Ron

Posted by Ron on July 31, 2007 at 17:52:43:

Does anyone have a simple Excel spreadsheet that emulates a calculator when it comes to calculations of Present Value, Yield, Future Value, etc., that you would be willing to share?

Issue: The issue is that I am asking for someone who is visually impaired who needs this spreadsheet (Excel) to work with a screen reader program. This person is not able to find a talking financial calculator that performs these functions. If an Excel spreadsheet (simple) can be found, it will solve the problem!

However, if you know of a talking calculator similar to the HP’s or TI’s that are commonly used in this business, please let me know and I will pass along the information. This really is the preferred avenue, if at all possible?

Thank you for any help or suggestions that you can provide!

Ron

PS: I know John Behle has free downloads (spreadsheets), but for the present, I would like to find a more fundamental spreadsheet to start with and, later on, have the individual graduate to John’s spreadsheets.

Help regarding Excel Spreadsheet - Posted by John Behle

Posted by John Behle on July 31, 2007 at 18:00:22:

You might want to check out the free spreadsheets. The one is advanced that does uneven cash flows, but the other is just as simple as they can get. It is just like a calculator in that you enter 4 of the 5 factors and it solves for the one you need. It’s just in a nice cash flow spreadsheet right in front of you. You don’t need to know anything about the formulas or anything like that. You can download “EASYCALC.XLS” at: Paper Game - Downloads

Re: Help regarding Excel Spreadsheet - Posted by Ron

Posted by Ron on July 31, 2007 at 20:48:25:

John,

Thanks for your help. Frankly, I had forgotten about that particular spreadsheet.

Now, if it will work with the screen reader, everything will be fine. We shall find out shortly.

Ron

Re: Help regarding Excel Spreadsheet - Posted by John Behle

Posted by John Behle on August 01, 2007 at 12:05:54:

Let me know if you have any questions. Many of the cells will show error messages at first.

Each cell in the chart references one of the cells off to the right that has a formula in it. All of the formulas reference each other and it tends to drive Excel nuts, but as you enter the data and overwrite the formulas, the one remaining formula then immedately produces your answer.

I like the ability to have all the calculations laid out right in front of me and to be able to save them for future reference. I wish I knew more about Excel programming. A few well placed macros could really pump up the capabilities of the program. It is a fairly simple spreadsheet though and that makes it so I can also use it on my Pocket PC Phone.