Help. Question: What is the difference between a Realtor & a Realtor Associate? - Posted by martin

Posted by Chris on February 09, 2000 at 16:12:59:

http://www.realtor.com/ might be of help.

Help. Question: What is the difference between a Realtor & a Realtor Associate? - Posted by martin

Posted by martin on February 09, 2000 at 16:05:53:

Hi Everyone,

I’m going to go for a real estate sales license, and before I start looking for a job w/ a principle broker, and was wondering what the difference between an (R) and a (RA) is. Could one become a realtor (R) with just a sales license. What would make someone an Realtor Associate (RA). Why would anyone wanna be a (RA) instead of just becoming a Realtor? If anyone can help me out, I would really appreciate it. Thanks in advance…

martinZ

Re: Help. Question: What is the difference between a Realtor & a Realtor Associate? - Posted by NJDave

Posted by NJDave on February 09, 2000 at 17:15:45:

Generally speaking, a licensed real estate broker may join a (dues collecting) trade group known as the National Association of Realtors, aka ‘Realtors’. The broker’s agents may also join, and pay dues as Realtor Associates.

Many people actually think that ANY real estate agent or broker is a realator, realtor, or any deviation of the symbol Realtor and is synonymous with a licensed real estate professional. But, they misuse the word.
The dictionary does not recognise the non-word,
‘realtor’.

When you become licensed as an agent for a broker, you too may have that opportunity.