Help Repost: MH dealer in target park? - Posted by AW_WI

Posted by lyal on February 24, 2002 at 12:48:03:

AW,
All the parks will have some homes listed with dealers. Some have “arrangements” with the owner or manager, some don’t. You don’t know until you ask. I’d pick the park you would least like to work in and hit that first just to work on your approach. Then work you way up the list to the park you would MOST like to work in honing your “speil” as you go.
I especially like the line about “I work for a company that finances used homes…You DO have homes with financing in the park don’t you??”. The answer will always be yes and you can move on from there.
And no, you won’t be competing with the other dealers. Many times if people want to get “approve” by them they need big down payments or they’ll pay very high interest rates.
Don’t use this as an excuse to pass up this opportunity.
All the best, Lyal

Help Repost: MH dealer in target park? - Posted by AW_WI

Posted by AW_WI on February 23, 2002 at 22:29:42:

I am in the investigation process for Lonnie deals (books should arrive soon). I have driven through a couple of local parks and noticed that several are for sale through a specific broker/retailer by the signs in the windows. I looked the mobile home retailer up and yellow pages say: financing, insurance, repairs, new, used. Now would I be getting in competition with them? If so would a newbie be in over his head? Probably addressed in books or other posts, but thought I’d ask. Would this also change the dynamics of approaching PM, since they already have an established company in the park? Thnx

Re: Help Repost: MH dealer in target park? - Posted by Terry T

Posted by Terry T on February 24, 2002 at 12:49:45:

Why don’t you call up and ask questions like you are interested in mobile homes. They might not tackle certain kinds of deals or may even lead you to some other ideas. I bet you can find out in a couple of questions how much they ask, how much down interest, etc.