Help! Where Should I Start? - Posted by Ginger

Posted by WayneMD on December 08, 2000 at 07:05:19:

Where can I find out more about Kevin Meyer?

Help! Where Should I Start? - Posted by Ginger

Posted by Ginger on December 07, 2000 at 11:16:27:

I just found Creonline and I am impressed with the knowledge that you all have and I would like some advice.
My husband and I bought our first home almost a year ago. It was a HUD home and we got it at a great price, about 20k less than similar homes. I needed cosmetic work which my husband completed for he is a carpenter by trade.

We discussed easing in to flipping houses and/or maintaining apartment rentals for additional income and easing it in to our main income. I work full-time and he works with his father in re-modeling and re-habbing homes as a contractor.

We do not have any available cash but are working towards building about 5k.

What is the best way to get started with the smallest amount of money? Also which courses are worth what you pay?
Should we look at flipping or rental properties? Is Carleton Sheets worth the money and what about Ron LeGrands? Is his course worth saving up for before beginning with the first properties? And what about Tax Lien Certificates? I heard a little about this, is this something that is a worth my time? Any and all advice is appreciated.

Re: Help! Where Should I Start? - Posted by Mike-BC

Posted by Mike-BC on December 07, 2000 at 23:18:49:

You ask about Carleton Sheets and Ron Legrand courses. I have the CS course and found it was useful for me. The basic premise of the course is to purchase properties with no (or little) money down and rent these properties to develop a positive monthly cash flow. I have used some of the strategies outlined in the course and am doing just that. But there are other approaches to make money in real estate.

You may find Kevin Meyer’s materials better suited to you. Kevin Meyer, also known as the Rehab Whiz, buys run down properties and rehabs them to sell at a profit. Now this doesn’t fit my profile - I barely know which end of the hammer to hold when hammering screws :slight_smile: but given you husbands expertise…

You mention working as a maintenance contractor for apartments, I think this is an excellent way to get involved in the rental business…get some experience without any responsibilities, perhaps move into managing properties later on.

Real estate is an exciting and potentially lucrative field and within the field there are many different approaches / niches to make money. Ultimately, the path you choose will be determined by your interests and skills.

Re: Help! Where Should I Start? - Posted by carol gorbet

Posted by carol gorbet on December 07, 2000 at 22:24:23:

On this day of rememberance, you will do same with courses from Sheets and LE Grand slam. Q-A-no!