HELP with Advertising Mobile for sale - Posted by joe (MI)

Posted by Dirk Roach on February 15, 2000 at 16:28:29:

HELP with Advertising Mobile for sale - Posted by joe (MI)

Posted by joe (MI) on February 14, 2000 at 14:33:06:

I have a great mobile home in a very popular area. It is a 76 Schultz. I have it priced at 9750 and compared to others in same age/condition this is a good price. I have placed ads in several of the big papers on Sundays (more than this gets VERY expensive), mailed postcards to residents in the same park as the home giving details on the home and financing, and placed flyers up in grocery stores, etc in the area. And…I am getting nothing! For all the money and time I have gotten about 5 calls and only one of them was halfway serious. My ad in the paper read:
76 Schultz. $9750. Will Finance. 2 bd. appliances stay. deck.shed. Located in Camelot Villa. Call Joe @ Home Living Inc.

Is there anything wrong with my ad? What more can I do? Help,especially from anyone in the MI area, would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Joe

Re: HELP with Advertising Mobile for sale - Posted by Dan (NC)

Posted by Dan (NC) on February 15, 2000 at 12:14:04:

I never use the “big” papers anymore because my clientele don’t subscribe or read them. Try the local shoppers, the free ones stacked knee deep outside the Food Lion. Ads are cheap and they get results. And like everyone else said, effective ads don’t sell a product, they sell the value and benefits of the product.

Here’s my ad starting tomorrow - Posted by Blane (MI)

Posted by Blane (MI) on February 15, 2000 at 12:10:53:

Where you at in MI? My ad will be running in Monroe County south of Detroit. It goes like this:

0 banks!! (in big letters)
Will finance! 2 bedroom, 14x70, all appliances, central air, fireplace, king-size waterbed, newer shed, off-street parking. Flexible terms. Call XXX-XXXX.

The “0 banks” thing puts me first in line in the MH section. Then I list positives about the home. I leave out age of home, price, specific terms, and even location just to get as many calls as possible. Will welcome any critiques from folks here too. Hope this helps.

Good luck,

Blane (MI)

Re: HELP with Advertising Mobile for sale - Posted by Robert McNeely

Posted by Robert McNeely on February 14, 2000 at 20:35:32:

My paper runs for rent ads cheaper than for sale ads, check for this. Also a am getting about 3 to 5 calls per day on this simple ad. “Why pay rent, nice mobile home, owner will finance, 555-5555” run in the apartment for rent section.

Re: HELP with Advertising Mobile for sale - Posted by Carey_PA

Posted by Carey_PA on February 14, 2000 at 19:15:37:

Joe,

I agree with Gator, leave out the price and just put in something like Low down, Low monthly. And when they call ask them what type of down and monthly payment are they comfortable with…

Also, I usually get ZERO response from my ads running on Saturdays and Sundays, try running them during the weekdays, ESPECIALLY Mondays and Tuesdays. And, don’t forget your FSBO signs in the mh windows with WILL FINANCE in big letters and your phone number big as well…believe it or not I’ve gotten several responses from those little .89 cent signs :slight_smile:

hope this helps,

CAREY

Re: HELP with Advertising Mobile for sale - Posted by Gator

Posted by Gator on February 14, 2000 at 16:32:18:

I usually leave out the negatives. 76 is a negative and most won’t know a Shultz from Shinola. $9750 is a definate negative. I do use positives like nice, super, roomy, no credit check, low down, low monthly payments, RENT TO OWN. Thats just what works for me. Best of Luck,

Gator