Help with foreclosure marketing - Posted by Jimmy

Posted by Monique on January 23, 2001 at 08:48:34:

Ben,

Thanks for sharing. Your letter is well-written and to the point.

How long does a typical foreclosure take in Florida? That is, how much time before the notice is filed at the courthouse does the property go to the steps for sale in your state?

Monique

Help with foreclosure marketing - Posted by Jimmy

Posted by Jimmy on January 22, 2001 at 19:03:18:

Does anyone out there have any imput on marketing to owners losing their homes. Such as post cards, letters…how often should I mail them…what should they say…contracts to buy that type of deal…any help is greatly appreciated.

Jimmy

Re: Help with foreclosure marketing - Posted by Brent_IL

Posted by Brent_IL on January 23, 2001 at 19:46:01:

I searched the archives and got 114 hits. 113 plus yours. If you read all of these, you will have at least a foreclosure course, or two’s worth of knowledge. This can save you time, money, and stress.

Here’s the letter I use. - Posted by Ben (FL)

Posted by Ben (FL) on January 23, 2001 at 08:37:43:

Each month, I go to the courthouse and look up the Lis Pendens that have been filed since the last time I was there. I get the name s and addresses of the people being foreclosed on in the areas that I want to operate, then I send them the letter I have pasted, below. I adapted it from a marketing letter in Ron Legrande’s book. I send out about 15 to 20 at a time, and almost always get at least 2 calls back. From what I hear, that’s not a bad return rate. Whether it’s the market or the letter, I don’t know.

Dear Ms. ______,

We buy and sell houses in the {Your city} area. With the help of public records from the (Your County) County Recorder?s office and the Property Appraiser, we are aware that foreclosure proceedings have begun on your house.
If the foreclosure goes through, you will not only lose your home, but you may lose the ability to qualify to buy another home for many years to come. In addition, the negative impact on your credit report could even prevent you from obtaining credit cards, buying a new car, or renting an apartment.
We may be able to prevent this foreclosure from going through! If you are interested in talking with us, please call us at (Your phone number) or, if you prefer, you can fill out the bottom portion of this letter and mail it to us at the address above. We will be in contact with you as soon as we receive the information listed at the bottom.
We are looking forward to hearing from you.
Kindest regards,

(Your Name - don’t forget to sign it, personally)

P.S. Please fill in the information, below, and mail it back to us.
_______________________________________________________________ YES, I am interested in getting help to stop the foreclosure.
The balance of the mortgage is $_________________
My mortgage payments are $_________________
The total amount of backpayments due is $_______________
I think the house is worth $__________________. It was last appraised ___________________ (date)

Re: Help with foreclosure marketing - Posted by jose perez

Posted by jose perez on January 22, 2001 at 20:42:23:

hey,
You must be persistant. do what i do, put up flyers everywhere, telephone poles, public telephones, homes which you know are about to go into foreclosure. Tell them you can help them save their credit, if they sell you their home (a lease option could work best). this is what i’m doing. i just started reciently. i havent gotten many responses, but do’nt get down. the more you market yourself, the more likely someone will be in that certain situation. one more thing. put an ad in the your local newspaper,it may cost a bit, but it’ll be worth it in the long run.
hey good luck and let me know how things work out.