HELP! with Mobile Question - Posted by d.henderson

Posted by David on November 30, 1999 at 18:35:22:

In my area a house with a basement and probably brick exterior will cost $10K to $15K, plus lots of permits, etc. If you can demo for $1.5k you’ll probably do good, make sure that town permits mobiles in that area.
Here mobiles are only allowed in few areas. Good Luck, sounds like a winner!
David

HELP! with Mobile Question - Posted by d.henderson

Posted by d.henderson on November 30, 1999 at 17:05:13:

Sorry, about the posting again, but I really need some help. I didn’t give enough info before.
Found a lot with house that is condemmed. The house isn’t worth anything but dozing. The lot is tax apprasied for 3K. That’s what this lady is paying for in taxes, her husband died and she can’t keep any of the property up, so she wants out. She will sell me the house and lot for $800.00. It takes $280.00 to close and another $1500.00 to move the house off. Now I have $2580.00 in this lot. The area is older small homes and is zoned for mobiles.
Question:
Would it make sense to buy this property and rent it to someone with a mobile home? How hard are these properties to rent? Has anyone done this? There are quite a few mobiles in this area(they’ve been there a long time). The parks are getting $175.00 per month for lot rent, but this would be a full city lot. Help people. This area I don’t know yet.
Thanks again,
dee-Texas