Help with moving occupants out of foreclosed prop - Posted by Saxon

Posted by Kristine-CA on February 08, 2002 at 12:49:34:

Saxon: This is my opinion based on being a renter and having been in some rough financial spots in my life. If your tenants have bad credit and that is the reason they can’t find a place to rent, then they may need to change their expectations some. They should not be applying for places where their credit will be run. Obviously this means that their selection may be very limited and the kinds of things available to them will be less desirable. But that is the way of it. Bad credit cannot prevent a family from finding a place live, but it will probably prevent them from finding something something they prefer. So my suggestion is to not let that be an excuse for them or you not to move forward. If you feel the desire to help them, give them a deadline and a cash amount contingent upon vacating the place. My experience says that people can do what needs to be done, even if it not what they want to do.

Good luck. Sincerely, Kristine

Help with moving occupants out of foreclosed prop - Posted by Saxon

Posted by Saxon on February 07, 2002 at 12:07:25:

Need help from anyone in the No.VA area.
I have occupants in my forclosed prop., they are willing to move but cannot find a place! They keep getting turned down because of lousy credit. Any suggestions, will be greatly appreciated.

Re: Help with moving occupants out of - Posted by Randy, OH

Posted by Randy, OH on February 08, 2002 at 11:52:04:

Saxon,
I know this is generally not recommended, but maybe you could rent it to them as is. Otherwise, I would just do an eviction. They will find a place to live.
Randy

Re: Help with moving occupants out - Posted by Lor

Posted by Lor on February 07, 2002 at 19:48:33:

I recently put a house up for sale but it could not be shown because it was a pigsty inside. I gave my tenants notice to move but they were hemming and hawing so I told them they could use me as a reference and I also offered them $500 if they would move out by a certain date. It worked.

Re: Help with moving occupants out - Posted by Saxon

Posted by Saxon on February 07, 2002 at 20:50:40:

Hi Lor, Thanks for your reply. I have offered to use me as a reference. But it doesn’t seem to work. Once the credit is run, that pretty much shuts it down. I want to help these people, they have 3 small children and the thought of putting them out on the street is just not appealing to me. I am trying to find them a rental or a L/O to no avail because of the credit report thingy. Got anymore ideas?