Help with Realtors to buy Junkers - Posted by joe

Posted by Brian W(IN) on May 03, 1999 at 13:28:07:

Well, what I am currently doing is having several RE agents pull listings of properties that are currently for sale in a specified price range. The range of property prices depends on what you are willing to pay for each property. For example, have an agent pull properties for sale in the price range of $45,000 or less. What they will send you is a listing of each property including specs on each. After this, you can also have them pull comps on each property which you perceive to be a potential purchase.

Help with Realtors to buy Junkers - Posted by joe

Posted by joe on May 03, 1999 at 11:24:44:

I am a newcomer to this and I would like to use a few of my realtor friends to help me find junkers to wholesale. What criteria should I have them search on in the MLS?

Thanks,
Joe

Re: Help with Realtors to buy Junkers - Posted by Carmen

Posted by Carmen on May 03, 1999 at 14:30:48:

Have them search the “Remarks” section for the words (or partial words) that will find not just rehabs, but also motivated sellers:

Handy
TLC
Rehab
Forecl and Forcl (people misspell)
Must sell
Motivated
Desperate
Financ
OWC (Owner will carry)
Owner

In our MLS, there is also a field labeled “SPEC”, in which you can search for Corporate-Owned, Foreclosed and Foreign Sellers.

You can also search another field, “OCCUPANCY”, for tenant-occupied or vacant properties. These will yield tired landlords and potentially motivated 2-mortgage payers.

From these, you can weed out the “good deals” if you know what the FMV in your area is.

Good luck!

Carmen

Look for yourself ! - Posted by David (TN)

Posted by David (TN) on May 03, 1999 at 14:01:20:

Or better yet, look for yourself ! I use the website www.realtor.com to find homes that are in my target area, price range and appear to be “deals”. If I am interested, I call one of the realtors that I have a working relationship with and have them set up a viewing.