Help

I have very poor no make that bad credit, in the low 500 range, and little or no cash. Where should I begin ? How do I start ?

[QUOTE=Hopeful;894122]I have very poor no make that bad credit, in the low 500 range, and little or no cash. Where should I begin ? How do I start ?[/QUOTE]
Hopeful,
Credit and cash should never stop anyone from getting started. The beauty about real estate investing is one doesn’t need credit or their own cash to get started. To give you guidance on where to start it will be helpful to know what you are trying to accomplish.

Yes, it depends…

Yes, real estate is a business, and it all depends if you have a sales personality. If you don’t have it, you need money and credit to compensate.

I’ve been in real estate investing all my life, and I’ve seen that all the time.

I was managing the accounting area for a major company and worked closely with the sales department. The sales manager says he likes the “wacky” types. We thought guys he picked were more flaky than wacky, but they all managed to sell.

Well, as far as guys in the our accounting area, they’re total opposites. Our VP somehow manages to get a number of free baseball tickets every month, supposedly he lives down the street from the team GM. Once he had four free tickets, but by game time, only found two guys in the office with time to go. So he said “why don’t you guys go to the game, and give the free ones away”.

Sounds easy, right?

The funny part of the story is these two doofuses came back and said they couldn’t give the free tickets away. When asked why, they said people they approached thought it sounded strange and quickly walked away.

My wife and I started real estate investing at the time, and we always joked about it, that some guys couldn’t give away free tickets at a ball game at the ball park. She thought I’m not wacky enough to be the salesman type.