Here is a question - Posted by Frank (ny)

Posted by Matt B on February 07, 2001 at 12:01:56:

Your own advertising is key. You will find VERY few good leads by looking for ads, and you won’t find any good “creative” deals by using a realtor. What I mean by “creative” is a true no money down deal if you have poor credit or no money. Get motivated sellers calling you by running your own “we buy houses” ads, putting up signs, flyers, etc. That’s the BEST way to get REAl leads.

Here is a question - Posted by Frank (ny)

Posted by Frank (ny) on February 07, 2001 at 10:45:20:

I am brand new to REI and waiting for the CS program, should be here today. I would love to know from the pros, what works best for you? I am wondering the BEST possible way to locate properties. For the pros: What would you say is the way you have had most success finding a property you invested in. newspaper ads you place? Newspaper ads that the seller places? driving neighborhoods looking for FSBO? or abandoned? or RE agents? I would think that the EASIEST way is to find an agent but I have a feeling that will be on the bottom of your lists. I know that these are all possibilities but what has worked best for you? Any help would be greatly appreciated!!