HERE'S HOW TO FIND THE DEALS!!!!!! - Posted by Matt B

Posted by Brad TX on February 09, 2001 at 16:55:40:

Hi Matt-

I wonder if you would mind emailing me your phone# listed in the ad. It would help if I could listen to your “recorded message”.

Your posts always hit the spot! Thanks.

Brad

HERE’S HOW TO FIND THE DEALS!!! - Posted by Matt B

Posted by Matt B on February 07, 2001 at 12:55:51:

I have seen the same question posted so many times, that I am putting up this post to refer people to when they ask it. While classified ads, FSBO signs, and realtors may yield a lead for a deal or 2, nothing beats your won advertising!!!

Think about this- When a seller sees your sign/ad/flyer/whatever and calls YOU, don’t you think they are going to be a bit more motivated than when you call them on an ad that they are running? They are almost certainly going to be getting more calls than yours, so why on earth would they take the time to listen to you pitch your “creative” deal to them? Heck, they just had 5 other people call before you, wanting to buy the “traditional” way and give them all cash. (Of course, all those “prospects” could easily fall through, and most do, but the seller is under the impression that he will get an easy cash sale, so why listen to your “scheme”?)

Search through the archives here to see how to make signs and what some people are putting on theirs. Check to see what they put in their ads. Print up some business cards.

The reason so many of you get discouraged is that you make those first few calls to unmotivated sellers, and get shot down FAST! I know how that can kill your drive and ambition. Don’t let it happen by having the motivation be on the other end of the phone! Don’t be a “motivated buyer”! Get the “motivated sellers” to call you! Believe me, it’s a world of difference!

STOP CALLING THE ADS IN THE PAPER!!! Get people calling YOU on YOUR ADS! That’s how you find the deals!

Re: HERE’S HOW TO FIND THE DEALS!!! - Posted by Elisa

Posted by Elisa on February 08, 2001 at 07:41:30:

I agree with you 110%

Any suggestions on how the ads should be worded for
maximum results?

Thanks for your advice.

Re: HERE’S HOW TO FIND THE DEALS!!! - Posted by Elisa

Posted by Elisa on February 08, 2001 at 07:31:29:

I agree with you 110%.
What kind of ads are most effective?
How should it be worded?
Thanks for your advice.