Hey Doc !! the horse trader - Posted by JohnT(WA)

Posted by Dr. Craig Whsler CA on April 12, 2002 at 18:04:41:

Well, if they don’t get nuffin how could they be spoiled? Shawn you sound like a great big overgrown M&M. Hard on the outside but soft on the inside. Ops I don’t wanna spoil ya by saying sumppin good aboutcha. :~)

Hey Doc !! the horse trader - Posted by JohnT(WA)

Posted by JohnT(WA) on April 04, 2002 at 13:51:25:

what type of responses do you get when someone offers you something free or virtually free and you do your turkey gobble and say “Is that the best you can do” this really cracks me up, only because I’ve always been a terrible negotiator and is something I have to overcome…I always hated to haggle,knew what I would pay, lets pay it, do the deal and move on…only problem…the majority of the time…I paid to much…LOL…anyhow…thanks for all the info you pass along…it’s appreciated.

JohnT

Grew up down in your neck of the freeway offramps.50’s - 60’s…left in 72…still have all those out-of-staters movin in ??? LOL

Put on your tallest hat for this tale. - Posted by Dr. Craig Whisler CA

Posted by Dr. Craig Whisler CA on April 04, 2002 at 16:33:39:

I actually do use my turkey gobble sometimes when I get frebies. You all should know by now that half of me has a good sense of humor and the other half is well, half-crazy.

I got a freebie once and the donor broke out in stiches when he heard me. Trying to be real cool, he played along and asked what more I had in mind. At that point I said I could use the washer and dryer too. His mom had passed away and he said he had to catch a plane back to Armpit Arkansas (or somewhere) that evening and since he had no way to take them, that I could have them too (free). Now its time for YOU to turkey gobble.

Do you know what the most profitable profession in the world is? No, not that, I mean of the legal ones. Well its negotiation. You can earn more dollars per minute negotiating than in any other way. What I can’t understand is why people spend thousands of dollars going to conventions, seminars, and in buying books and tapes in an effort to learn how to earn more money but they never seem to spend a dime on books on learning how to negotiate like the pros. Penny wise and pound foolish. Nuff said?

Wanna watch a REAL pro operate? Just wastch a 3-4 year old kid get something out of YOU that you didn’t want to give them.

Regards, doc

Re: Put on your tallest hat for this tale. - Posted by Shawn Dostie

Posted by Shawn Dostie on April 04, 2002 at 20:41:06:

my kids don’ get nuffin… spoiled litle brats! I wonder if they learned from their Daddy… or… their Momma.

Regards,
Shawn