Hey Lonnie... Any Website for Mobile Home prices? - Posted by Steve Heller

Posted by David Alexander on April 22, 1999 at 14:28:43:

Steve,

If your doing Lonnie Deals, where your intent is to buy and hold, or put money against the Note with Private Investors, you will have to learn the value of the home by “Gut feeling”. What I mean is you will know what you believe you can sell the home for by the park your in, not by the numbers in a book. Remember you are now the bank, and you are supplying housing and financing to someone.

David Alexander

Hey Lonnie… Any Website for Mobile Home prices? - Posted by Steve Heller

Posted by Steve Heller on April 22, 1999 at 14:20:36:

Does anyone know of a site where one could look up current values for mobile homes?

Thanks,

Steve Heller

Wanna Laugh? - Posted by Kevin (OK)

Posted by Kevin (OK) on April 24, 1999 at 15:58:05:

You may enjoy this. I was negotiating to buy a used mobile home, and was doing it sight unseen, but face-to-face with the owner. After getting his description of the condition, etc., and having a gut feeling for what we could flip it for, I asked him what he wanted for it. Seems he had heard about those official value books for mh’s, and wanted to know what “the guide” would say it was worth.

So…I walked over to my partner, about 30 feet away, and asked him to look up the value in his guide. Steve thumbs through his book, looks carefully up and down the columns, flips pages a couple of times, and points to the magic number.

I went back and told the man, and the deal was then made. Funny part was, the “mobile home price guide” Steve was using was actually a book on golf! The seller never knew otherwise, but was still happy to get the “official” price!

You just have to know your market.

Kevin OK

Re: www.usedmobilehomes.com - Posted by chris q (AL)

Posted by chris q (AL) on April 22, 1999 at 15:17:28:

this is an informative site with lots of info. they also tell you the book value of a mobile home (for a fee of course).

Mobile Home Values - Posted by Dirk Roach

Posted by Dirk Roach on April 22, 1999 at 15:15:33:

Hi Steve,
It seems by your post that you have not read Lonnies Matrieal. In order to know what a Mobile Home is worth. You have to know your market.
A quick list or NADA book WILL NOT tell you this.
As location and the Park are going to be the major factors in ascertaing value.
Good Luck
Dirk