Hey Lonnie! I was cutting it close BUT I finally got me a deal BEFORE..... - Posted by Carey_PA

Posted by HR on March 30, 2000 at 06:10:03:

nt

Hey Lonnie! I was cutting it close BUT I finally got me a deal BEFORE… - Posted by Carey_PA

Posted by Carey_PA on March 29, 2000 at 22:53:05:

the end of this month. You know I WAS listening to your challenge at the convention. WHEW!!! now I can finally wipe the sweat off of my brow.

It took FOREVER for the park owners to approve me to buy in their park. Talk about the park owners being big time rookies!!! They’ve own this small park forever and they are totally CLUELESS…they’re park agreement consists of like 20 Park Rules and you have to read it and sign it. They don’t even do a credit check! (So obviously you know who’ll be doing the credit check when she sells this puppy)

Here’s some details:
It’s a 1976 2 bedroom,1bath in GREAT condition, in a small, quiet park in a nice area.

I’m buying it for $4,250 (comes with a brand new frig)
and I’ll probably get somewhere around $12-15k for it.

I probably shouldn’t have posted this yet BECAUSE the deal isn’t done yet, we’re probably going to do the title work on Saturday. (Hmmmm I think I’ll have an open house on Saturday too :slight_smile:

I’m going to try to buy this using a land trust agreement. I’ll be winging it because I’ve never done this before.

OH YEAH I almost forgot the best part about this deal. While talking to the park owners about me being able to buy this home I learned that they have 2 abandoned homes in the park. :slight_smile: And with a new partner that I have (I met him in Atlanta) we were able to talk the park owners into GIVING us the abadoned homes so we can fix 'em up and put some good folks in the homes for them, so they can start getting lot rent again! (oh yeah and so we can make some money too!)

Thanks EVERYONE!!! I can’t wait until next years convention I learned so much and met sooooo many valuable contacts!

CAREY

Re: Hey Lonnie! I was cutting it close BUT I finally got me a deal BEFORE… - Posted by Lonnie

Posted by Lonnie on March 30, 2000 at 16:22:49:

Hi Carey,

You?ve learned a valuable lesson…persistence and determination does pay off. Nice going, and congratulations.

Lonnie