Hiring a Property Manager - Posted by Marie

Posted by Rich-CA on June 22, 2007 at 18:43:27:

Are you talking about hiring an employee or contracting with someone? If you are hiring an employee, you will have to handle payroll, withholdings, state and federal income reporting, insurance (workman’s comp, health, liability, injury, errors & omissions), and so on. or you can 1099 them, in which case you still have to carry the insurance to cover yourself.

Or you can look for a small PM company, maybe 2 - 3 employees, which may give you the service level you want.

Hiring a Property Manager - Posted by Marie

Posted by Marie on June 22, 2007 at 16:15:34:

First of all, I want to apologize if this is a frequently asked question. The site search is not working - alot of 404’s.

We would like to hire our own property manager rather than continue to go with a large PM company that sees us as a very small fish in a huge pond. Has anyone done this, and if so what is the process? I assume they have to be bonded and insured. Anything else in particular?

Re: Hiring a Property Manager - Posted by ken

Posted by ken on June 23, 2007 at 07:55:59:

If you hire an employee the payroll is no big deal.I have my done through a national company and it is no problem and they take care of it all.Hire someone who is capable of doing repairs and collect rent and you will be further ahead.