hiring a realtor - Posted by billy

Posted by billy on October 23, 2003 at 19:34:54:

sorry for not being clear…i would be interviewing to sell a single family home.

hiring a realtor - Posted by billy

Posted by billy on October 22, 2003 at 19:54:18:

what are the qualities you look for in hiring a realtor? what questions do you ask during the interview? how do you verify the answers and the background of the realtor?

Re: hiring a realtor- For What? - Posted by Linda Simms

Posted by Linda Simms on October 23, 2003 at 16:11:56:

It depends on what you want to hire him to do? Do you want him/her to find you houses to purchase as an investor? Do you want them to sell your properties? What do you want? It makes a great deal of difference on how you approach them. Let us know.

Re: hiring a realtor - Posted by Dee Lewis

Posted by Dee Lewis on October 22, 2003 at 20:02:31:

I’ve learned the best way to handle a realtor is to be
direct. I tried other ways, and it only ended up in confusion and frustration.

I look for lenders who are open minded and are willing to learn the strategies I use. I let them know up front that I bring in my own buyers and we can agree on a set flat fee (only on deals I close.) I also let them know that I don’t need them to run me around to look at property, all I need are comps, her to look over my contracts and give me listing on distressed properties (if that’s your field).

If you are just direct with them, let them decide how they want to hit the ball. Once you all have a clear understanding, it saves a lot of unnecessary suprises. I learned this the hard way.