His seductive manner was impossible to resist but - Posted by John (TN)

Posted by John (TN) on October 07, 2003 at 23:38:26:

Middle TN - working for the most part in Nashville, Mt. Juliet and Lebanon

His seductive manner was impossible to resist but - Posted by John (TN)

Posted by John (TN) on October 07, 2003 at 14:10:12:

apparently everyone ignored my mini-novel about my Oakwood repo experience :slight_smile: See the link below if you’d like to see what happened in episode #1

I just fired off another bid, same two homes, but bumped the price up. I also tried a new twist - I wrote the bid at a higher amount, then subtracted the lot rent and taxes out before calculating the net due to Oakwood. We’ll see what happens.

Stay tuned for part 3.

John

http://www.creonline.com/mobilehomes/wwwboard4/messages/32119.html

Dear John :Oakwood - Posted by MArk

Posted by MArk on October 07, 2003 at 18:58:29:

Dear John.I recently posted a note in regards to this
subject.I negoiated with OakWood for a week and a half
on a 1998 doublewide.pointed out all the downside.They would not consider anything less than 70% of the ask.I walked.The ask $22,500.00 my offer $10,000.00.
There reply $16000.00 no lower.And I was to pay the back rent $1550.00 $550.00 taxes $2500.00 in repairs.moving costs tear down and so.By the time it was all said and done I can buy a new Fleetwood F.O.B $25,900.00.No motivation here as I see it.Which is what I told them.It all fell on deaf ears. Good Luck
I hope you score.

I scored! - Posted by John (TN)

Posted by John (TN) on October 07, 2003 at 19:30:19:

Mark,

I think it turned out OK. I bid just a shade over 45% of the ask, with back rent and taxes to be paid from their proceeds. It was just a mind game in the way I wrote up the bid. I’ll pay the taxes and lot rent and write a check to them for the balance of what I bid.

They countered about $400 higher on each of the two homes on which I bid. Its my first deal with Oakwood and it gets me in a new park.

Unless I change my mind before morning, I’ll accept their counter and see how it turns out.

Stay tuned for future installments!

Best of luck with your deals,
John

Re: I scored! - Posted by Dennis(TN)

Posted by Dennis(TN) on October 07, 2003 at 22:40:53:

Where are you located in TN.