Hmmmmmmmmmm.... - Posted by BR2

Posted by Bud Branstetter on January 17, 1999 at 10:25:46:

While I would go for the nice shower curtain and a towel/bath set as a house warming I’m not infavor of adding appliances before the fact. Most people will have their own appliances. I’m not above using an inducement to overcome any last objection but it is usually not appliances.

On a sandwich lease the master lease is usually long term while lease to the propspective tenant/buyer is short term. The sales price is normally adjusted for future value. Another point is that you usually have more trouble with low end(and 30K is) tenant buyers than you would with higher priced properties.

Hmmmmmmmmmm… - Posted by BR2

Posted by BR2 on January 17, 1999 at 10:06:10:

Just wondering if anyone ever purchased a washer/dryer or stove/refrigerator to make a deal more appealing in a lease/option deal? (I’ve seen some pretty good after Xmas deals).

If I do a lease with option to buy in 5 years, do I price the home at today’s market or pad it a little for what it would sell for in 5 years. FMV today is around 30K.

Re: Hmmmmmmmmmm… - Posted by BR2

Posted by BR2 on January 20, 1999 at 10:14:26:

Thanks Everyone!

Re: Hmmmmmmmmmm… - Posted by Jackie in Dallas

Posted by Jackie in Dallas on January 19, 1999 at 22:45:29:

I once bought a used washer dryer and frig for $200 and hauled it to a house I was rehabbing. It was a first time homebuyer type house - and the appliances MADE the deal because they cound not possibly pay the down payment, closing costs AND get a washer, dryer and frig.

Oh, yea, the frig was almond and it needed to be white to match the kitchen appliances so I had it painted for $65 – boy did that place look like a HOME!