Home Buyers Of America - Posted by Mark (MI)

Posted by PBoone on May 17, 2000 at 16:17:36:

Sorry you got caught up in the scam, believe me when I say, in the beginning I to payed and paid a dear price.
Pat

Home Buyers Of America - Posted by Mark (MI)

Posted by Mark (MI) on May 17, 2000 at 14:18:50:

Hello to all fellow investors. I have a problem with a company that I’m sure some of you have dealt with. This company is called “Home Buyers of America”. I am being billed $19.95 per month and I cannot cancel this charge because I cannot contact this company. The number that I do have has been disconnected. Has anyone else gone to one of their seminars? Do you have a good phone number I can use to contact them with. Any help in this matter would be greatly appreciated. Thanks…

P.S. They may also go under “Home Buyers Training” and they are based out of Florida.

Re: Phone Numbers - Posted by Greg

Posted by Greg on May 20, 2000 at 15:00:49:

Their new “Hot Line” number is 1-877-860-5632.
Fax number is 1-407-860-3431.

He lost 7 figures - Posted by John J

Posted by John J on May 19, 2000 at 23:04:26:

The company is a subsidiary of FFSY. The stock has been tradingf at $12.00 per share and is now at 1/64. The share holders are having an interesting discussion. The following is an entry into the thread:
http://www.ragingbull.com/mboard/boards.cgi?board=FFSY&read=1171

Some “Testimonials” - Posted by John J

Posted by John J on May 19, 2000 at 22:03:59:

Over the last several years, I have collected many messages posted on several boards by people detailing their actual experiences with this organization, as well as analyses of this program by knowledgeable people. Anyone who reads this: please e-mail me if you are interested in receiving my collection of testimonials. (I might not read the responses submitted to this post). I also have collections of testimonials posted about Nation-Wide Real Estate Discounters/Renovate America, Enelow, Whitney, The National Affordable Housing Coalition, Foreclosure World, Larry Pino, Michael Warren, Capital Investment Systems, and Global Resource Network.

I neither recommend these organizations, nor discourage anyone from sending their hard-earned money to them. I just believe that you will be in a better position to make an informed decision if you can educate yourself with the actual experiences from others as they have posted them in the public domain (on the www). Most of these messages have e-mail addresses and/or the URL?s for your verification.

Re: Home Buyers Of America - Posted by chris

Posted by chris on May 19, 2000 at 09:36:15:

Mark-

Grab your contract you have with these guys and read it line for line. What are you supposed to receive for the $19.95 monthly fee? Is that service being provided as advertised? The Better Business Bureau will attempt to contact the company for you if you go over to their site and relate your side of the story. They will report back to you with their findings. This is free and the business does not have to be a BBB member: http://www.bbb.org/

Get in touch with the Florida Division of Consumer Services which is Florida?s clearinghouse for consumer information, protection and complaints. All forms,etc. that you need are available there to complain. http://www.800helpfla.com

Contact your VISA provider again. If you are being charged for a service which is not being provided and all attempts to reach the company are unsuccesful then they should dispute this charge as allowed by the Fair Credit Billing Act (FCBA). More on that at:
http://legal.firn.edu/consumer/tips/tipcredi.html

You may also be able to use the three day cooling off rule if you were never informed by the company about your right to cancel. If Homebuyers is not following the law the Florida Atty General’s Office would like to know. If this occurred in Florida here are the details.

http://legal.firn.edu/consumer/tips/tipcool.html

Other seminar attendees(not Home Buyers Of America) in the past have had their money refunded because they were not notified of their right to cancel. The Federal Trade Commission has a Cooling Off period similar to Florida’s which you can read about here.

http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/conline/pubs/buying/cooling.htm

If you are supposed to receive some type of publication in the mail for your monthly fees which you are not receiving, but are being charged for then you can also get them on Mail Fraud. You can get a Postal Inspectors complaint form online here:
http://www.framed.usps.com/postalinspectors/

Nail them if they are scam artists. These guys are constantly mentioned over on Newsgroup II and not in the best light.

P.S. How did you find out about Homebuyers Of America? Was it through TV, Web, Mailing,etc.?

-Good Luck,Chris

I’d call the Attorney Generals Office nt. - Posted by phil fernandez

Posted by phil fernandez on May 17, 2000 at 16:05:59:

nt.

Re: Home Buyers Of America - Posted by Patti - FL

Posted by Patti - FL on May 17, 2000 at 15:17:06:

If you could give me some more information on what it is relating to (wholesaling/retailing; L/O; etc. newsletter, etc. ) I might have a number. I’m not sure.

Run, Run, Run - Posted by PBoone

Posted by PBoone on May 17, 2000 at 14:25:15:

They have also gone under many other aliases, so call your credit card company IMMEDIATELY and file a complaint asking them to stop ALL charges.
This company is a scam
Pat

Re: Some “Testimonials” - Posted by John

Posted by John on May 24, 2000 at 06:29:04:

I am very interested in your testimonial collection on Michael Warren. Txs for the help.
John

Re: Home Buyers Of America - Posted by Mark (MI)

Posted by Mark (MI) on May 17, 2000 at 15:54:33:

It was a real estate support service. If I had problems or questions, they were supposed to help. Thanks…

Re: Home Buyers Of America - Posted by Mark (MI)

Posted by Mark (MI) on May 17, 2000 at 15:52:11:

It’s actually a support service. Ie… I have a real estate problem or question, I would call them to get their help. Thanks…

Fire the Credit Card. - Posted by Pete (TX)

Posted by Pete (TX) on May 18, 2000 at 08:51:14:

If the credit card company will not stop paying them cancel the credit card. If the payment is getting withdrawn from your bank account close the account. Don’t put up with bad service from a service company.

Re: Run, Run, Run - Posted by Mark (MI)

Posted by Mark (MI) on May 17, 2000 at 14:46:00:

I tried to stop it. They can’t stop it because I authorized it. I regret it now. Visa even told me that if I canceled my credit card to get it to stop, that when I transferred my balances that that would go with it. They said I have to contact the company to cancel.

Re: Home Buyers Of America - Posted by Patti -FL

Posted by Patti -FL on May 18, 2000 at 09:09:35:

The number I have is 203-596-1538 out of Tampa, Fl; and it is Home Buyers LLC could be the same company I’m not sure. Give it a try.

Good luck,

Re: Run, Run, Run - Posted by Laure

Posted by Laure on May 18, 2000 at 04:48:08:

Do you have an address for this company? Send them a notice to terminate service by certified, return receipt mail. Send this info to Visa. If they do not sign, so what? you can prove due diligence that contact was made. Talk to a supervisor. Demand to talk to a supervisor at Visa. You have to PUSH to get this done.

Laure :slight_smile: