Home Depot screw up- Update!! - Posted by RC

Posted by eric on May 10, 2000 at 09:01:23:

I’m so glad this worked out for you - partly because it will help ME have conviction next time I am in the same boat. Now, correct me if I’m wrong, but didn’t you just get 8 windows for a net price of $800? At that price, I should think you could afford to have them installed and still make out like a bandit.

Home Depot screw up- Update!! - Posted by RC

Posted by RC on May 09, 2000 at 22:46:08:

Met with district manager and store manager today. I asked for the 8 windows at the installed price for free. This would have been worth $3300.00. They countered with $1300.00 which was the cost of the eight windows they screwed me on. I said yeah right, and said if that was their final offer I would get my lawyer involved. They continued to give up to $1800.00. I said no way and said they would hear from my lawyer. They guy said fine and handed me his card. I left with the a smile on my face and said this is going to get fun. I’m on my way home and manager calls me on cell phone and offers $2500.00 I take it. Not what I wanted but better than nothing. Thanks to all who responded. You gave me the conviction to hold my ground. Good luck to everyone.

Sincerely,

RC

Wowzers ! nt. - Posted by Laure

Posted by Laure on May 10, 2000 at 22:52:49:

Follow up - Posted by Eric C

Posted by Eric C on May 10, 2000 at 10:37:22:

Hi RC -

Glad to hear that the situation resolved itself in your favor. I never had any doubt that Home Depot would take care of the problem.

Now, do yourself a favor and write the HD manager and thank him for standing behind his product.

It never hurts to be gracious in victory.

Yours,

Eric C