Homevestors Franchise for investors - Posted by gs tex

Posted by JohnBoy on May 29, 2000 at 12:17:03:

Hey Jim,

Could that be a sign of old age catching up? LOL

One solution:

At the first sign of seeing the commercial, hit the little button on the remote that says “mute”. At least you won’t have to hear the song. LOL

Homevestors Franchise for investors - Posted by gs tex

Posted by gs tex on May 28, 2000 at 23:36:23:

Hello everyone:

Any comments or opinions on this 5 state franchise? They already have 6 offices in Houston!!!

Re: Homevestors Franchise for investors - Posted by David Alexander

Posted by David Alexander on May 29, 2000 at 12:48:28:

I believe that the basis of what they do is advertise, advertise, advertise. When they get calls I think they then just go down the list according to who of their franchisers got the last call and then send the lend to them.

David Alexander

Re: Homevestors Franchise for investors - Posted by JPiper

Posted by JPiper on May 29, 2000 at 11:40:12:

There’s several of these franchises active in my area. If you thought the cost of courses or bootcamps was expensive, this one will take your breath away. I was told the franchisees pay $30K+ for this deal…I haven’t verified that number independently.

In this area lots of major billboard advertising along major freeways…although this has stopped in the last couple of years. Now they appear to have major TV ad campaigns running here locally. If I hear that stupid song one more time and see the house with the doors and windows falling off I may lose it!

JPiper

Re: Homevestors Franchise for investors - Posted by ScottE

Posted by ScottE on May 29, 2000 at 09:34:48:

I called the (new)local franchisee about 2 years on a couple of flips that I had. Nice guy, but his “computer program” from HomeVestors that he was supposed to use hit my deals so ridiculously low, he wasn’t even in the ballpark. Too bad for him because the guy I flipped one of the houses to for $15k (after a $3,500 profit for me), sold it in 2 months for $36,500 after $5k fix up.
I think you can do much better on your own with the help of this board.

Good luck

Scott