Honestly..... - Posted by Pam

Posted by Eric - GA on October 28, 2003 at 21:00:24:

First, read for about 3 more months. At the same time, start researching your local market. Spend at least 6 - 8 hours/week looking at houses in your area. Read the classifieds, and go visit the homes. Call every realtor’s sign you pass, just to see what they’re asking. Then, get started. Also, read this. It should take you 2-3 days on its own…

http://www.creonline.com/wwwboard2/messages/22632.html

Eric - GA

Honestly… - Posted by Pam

Posted by Pam on October 28, 2003 at 20:51:24:

Okay, I’ve been reading articles and how to’s for several days now, sharing with my husband. We are anxious to get started! Wanting to generate cash and not using our money. Flipping, wholesale probably. Maybe borrowing for rehabs if profitable. But honestly, all this info is overwhelming. So what exactly should we do first? Do we line up a ‘team’ as in other investors? what else do we line up before we advertise? Or do we go out and find the ‘deals’ first? I wish I could find a ‘how to’ article that list this step by step.

Re: Honestly… - Posted by Nate(DC)

Posted by Nate(DC) on October 29, 2003 at 16:28:10:

A “team” would, more than likely, not be composed of other investors. Other investors would be considered “competitors”. Your “team” is you and the affiliated service providers you need to pull off your deals, such as a title company, attorney, lender, etc.

NT