Hoping for a recession... - Posted by Matthew Chan

Posted by Matthew Chan on June 22, 1999 at 18:03:24:

1929 was a DEPRESSION, not a recession which simply means a slowdown to take the wind out of some kockiness (the software is screening the word as being offensive :-)) nnd craziness that I am seeing in the marketplace.

Hoping for a recession… - Posted by Matthew Chan

Posted by Matthew Chan on June 21, 1999 at 23:49:29:

I hope a recession happens soon. I’ve said this to quite a few people I know and people are looking at me strangely and saying, “No, I hope not!” And probably quite a few people here are internally fearful of the slowdown in the economy since it has been riding high for so long. Truth be known, I am somewhat concerned too but I think it is inevitable.

Having heard Kiyosaki’s latest tape, “Profiting from Financial Crisis”, I really got excited about the opportunities that can occur.

It is selfish of me to hope for a recession but at least I am honest. Getting deals will be a little easier. Plus the craziness that I am seeing where even 2 bedrooms and 1 bath homes are being bought at 3 bedroom prices will slow down a bit. It is incredible!

For the few of us that are hoping for a recession, the closest possibility that I see is when Year 2000 hits. It has been hyped up so much, it should be entertaining to watch and see how the economy plays out.

Is anyone else as insane as I am hoping for a recession? :slight_smile:

Re: Hoping for a recession… - Posted by Redline

Posted by Redline on June 22, 1999 at 15:05:08:

Well, I don’t want any 1929 action going on (you know, soup lines, etc) … but a slower more sane RE market WOULD be a nice thing.

RL