HORRIBLE rehab advice from LeGrand - Posted by HR

Re: Your Props - Posted by Glenn-OH

Posted by Glenn-OH on June 21, 2000 at 21:36:11:

People in hell want ice water! It is not your property, it is not your right to be compensated. Unless the deal closes, forget your right to any compensation. By the way, I don’t bother with brokers or boards - I report this crap straight to the state licensing boards - they seem more interested in finding the agents that want to treat owners property as their property.

Re: Oh Please! Some Of His Inspection “Techniques” Are Ridiculous - Posted by JohnBoy

Posted by JohnBoy on June 21, 2000 at 20:36:36:

From NYC : ethics or not many offices wont present these “goofball” offers, and when more than one or two or three offices do it than you (the buyer) will not waste your time trying to sue or complaining about each offices ethics or rule breaking.

Why??? I wouldn’t have a problem. :slight_smile:

what the brighter r.e. offices will tell you is that if your partner, inspector etc. will have to inspect or approve the prop. than have them look at it asap and then the offer will be presented. I’ve been an agent in the past and i will not present an offer that has an escape clause that i consider “ridiculous” and easy to get around, if so than give me a minimum $100 (certified funds) NON-REFUNDABLE good faith deposit. DONT WASTE MY TIME !!!

Your funny:) So if I was to pay for an inspection before you would present the offer, does that mean you would be willing to pay my expenses should my offer not be excepted?? What about MY time? I’m the customer, it’s YOUR JOB to submit offers. Isn’t that what is required of YOUR TIME on behalf of the seller?

Besides, if you refused to submit the offer, I would just go directly to the seller myself. Then I’d explain how their agent said he didn’t have the TIME to waste after they accepted my offer!

If this is your definition of the brighter offices, I’d sure hate to see what the not so bright ones are like. LOL

I guess you never heard of due diligence, huh?

Re: Attn: newbies, and Emperors with no clothes… - Posted by GIO

Posted by GIO on June 22, 2000 at 17:06:40:

hey eric, on your 1st paragraph i think you mean reajected instead of accepted -HUGH DIFFERENCE- anyway i am no longer an agent as my note stated. and if you can get away with putting an escape cluse in the contract then do it. But don’t give ME an offer with a clause to buy you some time while you try to flip it, its enough that you may be getting your terms.
re: paying me for a right to inspect??? or not being able to check out a prop. before buying it ??? i dont know what your talking about ? maybe you’re reading another post.
anyhow were in the same bsns and YES there are too many stupid people/sellers out there being HAD by unscrupulous buyers/investors.
GOOD LUCK

Re: Your Props - Posted by GIO

Posted by GIO on June 22, 2000 at 16:39:28:

i’ve tried complaining (more than once) and the results were a waste of my time since it ended up in a he said-she said senario and these things are hard to prove. I assume you’ve had much better results with your compalints— anyhow these have been my experiences and besides were in the same bsns -
Good Luck

Re: Oh Please! Some Of His Inspection “Techniques” Are Ridiculous - Posted by GIO

Posted by GIO on June 22, 2000 at 16:34:43:

HEY JohnBoy, if your making a low ball offer to me than i would expect you personally to know enough about the prop on your own inspection to not need another inspector. i’ve seen and met or known many crooked so called investors just buy time with these clauses. as a buyer if you can get away with these clauses then use them but many people abuse them.
re: the complaints, well when you dont even get the results you want by complaining then you quit complaining in order to save time – ask me how i know (more than 1x) —
yeah about the bright or not so bright r.e. offices, well the owners, if you try going to them (and i’ve tried) the have even less knowledge than the “bright” r.e. offices, and will assume the r.e. offices are just trying to protect them (ask me how i know)
anyhow we’re in the same bsns and these are my experiences here.
good luck

Re: Attn: newbies, and Emperors with no clothes… - Posted by eric-fl

Posted by eric-fl on June 23, 2000 at 13:37:04:

Actually, I think you are the one reading a different post. In my first paragraph, I stated “I have never NOT had an offer accepted because of an inspection clause”. A double negative = a positive in grammar. Probably it would have been better to say “never had an offer rejected”, but the meaning is the same.

As for “paying you for the right to inspect” - you stated in your post " to “give you a non-refundable deposit”. If I give you a non-refundable deposit, and then the house does not pass inspection, then I have in essence just paid you to inspect the house. The whole purpose of an inspection clause is to protect me from losing my deposit if I encounter more problems than on my original assesment, not to “flip” it. The mechanics of a flipping transaction involve having a ratified offer, including a deposit, and then trying to resell the contract before closing, not before inspection. Inspection are typically done within a few days of the ratification of a contract, but there are often many weeks in between inspection and closing. If the house does pass inspection, and I still don’t close, that’s what the deposit is for - it is a consideration for having taken the house off the market for a period of time.