House Auction Follow up - Posted by DeeDee

Re: Austin… - Posted by JoeMVDC

Posted by JoeMVDC on July 19, 2002 at 12:32:52:

Austin,

Do you think the ND is worth the money? Would you still buy it if you were to start again?

Thanks,

Joe

Re: right you are… - Posted by Houserookie

Posted by Houserookie on July 18, 2002 at 21:02:32:

Hi David,

I’ve used a combo of Effros and Nodiscount for quite sometime. I think Effros is more geared towards Joe Average seller. ND is geared towards agents and investors. They seem to update loan sources, note sources, and techniques on a regular basis.

Just two weeks ago they added a discussion board.

I think Effros technique is simply an idea of selling, while the ND method is a system from start to finish.

There are some really good note buying sources at ND.

Hope this helps.

Austin

Re: Austin… - Posted by Houserookie

Posted by Houserookie on July 19, 2002 at 13:26:36:

You probably didn’t know this by the look of the site, but they list over 30 direct notebuyers in the country. When I first started in RE as a note broker, I used ND sources for top price.

Today, I do flips on high end properties using ND method. I paid around $79 a few years ago but I would have paid them $7900 just for the list of direct note investors.

I use their 5 step selling system to create a sense of credibility with sellers. Sellers are not going to let you do an option or flip unless they have some reason to believe that you can offer somethign they can’t do themselves. Telling them you use a 5 step selling system helps.

I noticed recently they added an affiliate program for investor members that want to use the 5 step system to help sellers.

Seems to me they are looking for different ways to generate revenue. The method works and I use it when selling.

There has been a lot of discussion about Bill Effros how to sell your house in 5 days and the nodiscount method. I think both methods are great, but you can’t compare the two since Effros concentrates only on the auction aspect.

You can use the ND method with or without auctioning.
The auction part is step 5 of ND.

I hope this helps to clarify.

My apology to you if i had come across a little edgy about course and/or mentors. I just find it interest how so many on this forum could label people scammers, then they private email for specifics.

“Hey, I don’t want to waste my time, or money to learn because I don’t think it’s worth it, but can you tell me what you learned?”

That line of arguement doesn’t fly with me.

Austin

Austin, thanks for sharing the info… - Posted by JoeMVDC

Posted by JoeMVDC on July 19, 2002 at 06:51:06:

Austin,

Thanks for sharing the info. That is it. I simply asked for comments from those who have used it before I determine it is not a scam as my impression from the website and invest money in it.

Joe

Re: Austin… - Posted by JoeMVDC

Posted by JoeMVDC on July 19, 2002 at 15:41:47:

Thanks Ausin. I have ordered Effros’s 5-day, but not yet the ND.

It was actually my fault for not searching the archive first. Now I read all – well, most-- posts on Effros’ book and the ND method. In the mean time, I also read most of your posts this year and last year. It seems that almost every time you posted, there was a long thread. And I bet you spent huge amount of time there. You seem to be pretty generous of your time. This is not trying to flatter you though, but you feel good anyway? :slight_smile:

One thing I still want to ask you: It seems according to your previous posts that the combination of Effros and the ND gives you the best result, but then you just said the step 5 of ND is auction anyway, then why do you still need Effros? Does it substantially add anything? I guess I wouldn’t understand it until I read the books.

Another reason I wanted to buy the books, in addition to my usage, is for my wife–she is a part time realtor.

Thanks much,

Joe

Re: Austin, thanks for sharing the info… - Posted by Houserookie

Posted by Houserookie on July 19, 2002 at 11:26:51:

Hi Joe,

I don’t have a problem with sharing info on this forum. The problem I have and I see this happening over and over again. That is, Newbies will say something like…“hey I don’t know how to do this and this and this…but i don’t want to pay because it sounds like a scam.”

“Somebody told me this and this…or this site says this and that…but it must be a scam 'cuz I didn’t know it before.”

There’s a discussion today at:
http://www.creonline.com/wwwboard/messages/13145.html

that talks about why mentors charge money for their time.

People on this forum can help by giving tips and feedback, but you’d be surprised how many private emails I get that start with, “Hey, I don’t want to pay for this course or that course, I don’t think it’s worth it.” “But, can you detail what the 5-steps of No discount selling.”

Do you see the flaw in this kind of thinking?

Austin

Re: Austin… - Posted by Houserookie

Posted by Houserookie on July 19, 2002 at 18:59:37:

If you know what a dutch auction is you shouldn’t need Effros book. But I would get Effros book anyway. It’s a classic. ND method assumes you know what an auction is. I was exposed to Effros and later discovered ND site by accident. Nodiscount.com used to be the same site as REonline.com which I often
mytyped on my way to creonline.com.

Again, don’t blame me if you find ND not to your liking. What you do with what they teach you is really up to you.

It appears the ND people have done some research and took Effros idea, then expanded by included investor knowledge. What do you think?

When I do options or simultaneous deals I tell sellers that I use a 5 step selling system that can be found on ND site.

It seems to work for me.

Austin