How 2 get rid of doggie odor ? - Posted by JC (Atlanta)

Posted by Guinevere (SC) on September 18, 2001 at 14:04:33:

No, I can’t help anymore. I’m sorry.

How 2 get rid of doggie odor ? - Posted by JC (Atlanta)

Posted by JC (Atlanta) on September 18, 2001 at 12:48:56:

Former owners kept dog in laundry room. No dog poop, that I am aware of, but the dog odor seems to have seeped into the walls or concrete or both.

Walls are wood siding. Floor is part flat concrete and brick set in mortar - appears to have been a porch.

Ideas on best solutions?

Thanks in advance!

Re: How 2 get rid of doggie odor ? - Posted by Tom – IN

Posted by Tom – IN on September 18, 2001 at 22:07:14:

Go to odorxit.com and leave them a message with your question. Tell them I sent you.

Tom Wade

Re: How 2 get rid of doggie odor ? - Posted by gwtx

Posted by gwtx on September 18, 2001 at 14:42:13:

JC -

1. Scrape away (w/floor scraper) any slimey or hard built up waste on floor surface.
  2. Go to Sam’s or major pet store and get large bag of kitty litter. Spread and cover all of floor surface. Let sit for a couple of days to obsorb any moisture and or smells. Sweep up and dispose.
  3. Go to Home Depot or Lowes or ??? and get a product called BIN manufactured by Kilz or Zinzeer. It comes in 1 gallon and cost around $15/gallon. Paint floor and wood walls. (This product is good for smoke damage areas.) This product will encapsulate the concrete and wall materials, wood and/or sheetrock, from gasing any more fumes.
  4. You may now paint the floor and wall any color with a good quality paint.

hope this helps
gary

Re: How 2 get rid of doggie odor ? - Posted by Guinevere

Posted by Guinevere on September 18, 2001 at 12:56:35:

I’m sorry to tell you this, JC, but in my experience, there is no such thing as getting rid of the urine odor in the concrete. I’ve bleached the concrete over and over. Straight, undiluted bleach. Let me know if you do get a solution. Good Luck!

Thanks Gary! - Posted by JC (Atlanta)

Posted by JC (Atlanta) on September 18, 2001 at 15:24:07:

Thanks Gary! I’ve already got some BIN for other sealing. I had thought about this, but your comments confirm the idea is valid. Thanks very much!

I’m not sure its urine. - Posted by JC (Atlanta)

Posted by JC (Atlanta) on September 18, 2001 at 13:06:05:

Actually, I’m not sure its urine. More like how a wet dog smells. And ideas on that?
Thanks!