How about this Realtor*? - Posted by -

Posted by JPiper on February 25, 1999 at 12:14:33:

Thanks for clearing your terminology up. You’re a licensed Realtor, and therefore you’re entitled to part of the commission on a listed property that you buy as an investment.

JPiper

How about this Realtor*? - Posted by -

Posted by - on February 25, 1999 at 24:00:08:

I had a message on my voice mail today from an irate Realtor*. She didn’t have the courage to leave a name or number.
She said I am going around town posing as a buyer. All the Realtors* are hip to me now and are reporting me, to whom, I don’t know.
I am a licensed investor that buys property and our company gets paid a commission if it’s listed. All part of the contract we submit.
Boy, I didn’t know it was wrong to pose as a buyer.
With Realtors* like this, it is no wonder so many of them are complete idiots.
Posing as a buyer?
Has anybody ever posed as a buyer? What are the ramifications of posing as a real estate buyer?
I must be doing a good job. That’s what I do. BUY PROPERTY!
Just had to spout.

Re: How about this Realtor*? - Posted by Rob FL

Posted by Rob FL on February 25, 1999 at 21:43:25:

I have 2 separate companies when I invest. I have my buyer, which is a corporation which I just happen to be President of and I have my real estate corporation which I am also President of that just happens to be the buyer’s agent. No sweat. One principal, me and wife, but the buyer and the agent are separate companies with separate tax-id’s.

Re: How about this Realtor*? - Posted by Carmen

Posted by Carmen on February 25, 1999 at 18:38:14:

I, too, am a realtor, and what gets to me is the clause in some foreclosure homes that say “No commission will be paid to realtors who purchase for their own use” WHY NOT!!! That’s always a handy source of down payment, heh? It’s like “they” believe it’s a crime to make “too much” money - on the commission, and on the property. So I guess my husband will have to sign all our contracts…

Re: How about this Realtor*? - Posted by Perry K. Harris

Posted by Perry K. Harris on February 25, 1999 at 02:29:14:

I posed a question once? Does that count? Posing as a buyer, as opposed to… posing as a seller ? I can see it now. I run my ad to sell my house, and as they knock on the door and ask me to sell, I become contemplative and then say, NAH, I was just POSING ! RE sales agents and brokers, long ago, were sued by an attorney group, for practicing law without a license. The result was, a uniform boilerplate contract, with as few blank lines to fill in as possible. That took some air out of their sails. They are bound by professional standards and regulations, licensed in the state they practice in,and adhere to a code of conduct, which equates into rules. The creative investor however, uses a contract with numerous blank lines, much to their liking and delight. This aids in and fosters the creativity, so often used to solve the seller’s and the seller’s agent’s problems. The short version: there are no rules for the creative investor, so long as the solution is tempered with a win-win philosophy. Pose on my friend. PS I was thinking about posing as a buyer of a used car, can I get in some really serious trouble, over that? If I actually buy something will they take my posing privileges away? Jusy wondering? Sheeesh! Perry

Re: How about this Realtor*? - Posted by JPiper

Posted by JPiper on February 25, 1999 at 02:06:09:

Maybe you could enlighten me. What’s a “licensed investor”? And who are you “licensed” by? How does your “company get paid a commission if it’s listed”? Maybe this is the source of the Realtors confusion…it certainly is the source of mine.

JPiper

Re: How about this Realtor*? - Posted by -

Posted by - on February 25, 1999 at 11:59:26:

JPiper, to clarify.
I am a licensed salesperson with the state whom happens to buy real estate for investment purposes.
When we submit a contract, we include a rider stating as such and that we are expecting to be paid the selling agents 3%, or whatever it may be.
Still confused?
Thanks!

Re: How about this Realtor*? - Posted by Cesar

Posted by Cesar on February 25, 1999 at 14:19:56:

Actually, the part that confuses me is why you do not put in any name or e-mail on your messages?

Are you hiding from someone?

Just wondering…