how bout this one? - Posted by Joe P (VA)

Posted by JoeP(VA) on February 15, 2002 at 12:59:06:

thanks for the input dave, will definately take that into consideration! and it definately feels better to be playing the game than to be spilling the cheeze whiz…

how bout this one? - Posted by Joe P (VA)

Posted by Joe P (VA) on February 15, 2002 at 11:31:07:

86 Commodore
14 x 70 3 bed 2 bath 4 car driveway, large shed, goldfish pond out front, fenced in backyard, central air and heat, refrigerator, stove, dishwasher. one bad spot in the floor and could use some repainting… after negotiating, have him down to 4,000…seems like i could finance this one for between 8-10,000…what do u think?

Re: how bout this one? - Posted by Dave(WNC)

Posted by Dave(WNC) on February 15, 2002 at 12:52:57:

It would be a good deal for me. But then again I don’t live in your area. Only you can decide if it’s a good deal. Have you placed some “fishing” ads in the paper and talked to people about what they are looking for and how much they will pay? It’s not enough to just look in the paper to see what others are going for? How do you know if you can sell it for 8-10K?

Remember, you are looking for motivated sellers AND buyers at the same time. You have to negotiate with both sellers and buyers else you will be buying a home and HOPING someone steps out of the shadows to buy it.

Once you can tell yourself that “I CAN and WILL be able to sell this home for 8-10K” as opposed to “…seems like I could finance this one for between 8-10” then you will be in the driver’s seat.

With that said, don’t miss out on a good opportunity waiting on a fictitious ad to be placed and responded to. That could take weeks and someone would scoop up the deal you found.

Put it into overdrive and call people selling their comparable trailers to find out your competition. Essentially, you should find out what other homes your potential buyers are looking at and at what price. If you can find that it’s in the 8-10K range, do the deal.

If you don’t want to do that, buy it anyway and hope for the best. If you strike out, you just have to sulk back to the dugout and wait for your turn again in the rotation. You may knock one out of the park or you may just get a base hit.

At least you wouldn’t be in the bleechers eating nachos and melted cheese wiz wishing you were in the game.

Do your homework and make the deal!

Cheers,
Dave