How can a Landlord cancel a lease option

Hello all. I sold my house with a lease option. The tenants gave a $10,000 lease option fee. They’ve only been in there for 5 months and it’s been complete chaos. They pay their payment, but I get calls all the time from neighbors complaining that they are shooting guns and yelling all the time. They also cut down all of the huge granddaddy oak trees on the property. I went yesterday to post a 3-day notice, and the male tenant assaulted me. I called the cops but it was a he said / she said situation. Is there any way to get them out?? Please HELP!

Lawyer time

Or pay them to leave.

In oklahoma the Landlord tenant law does not cover any type do rent to own, lease options, contract for deed. Probably because as soon as the 10000 was paid, the tenant may have equity and therefore no actual rental agreement. I would see my attorney ASAP. Find out your actual options.

There are certain rules of real estate law, neither you, nor your tenant can break. But, if it happens, then you should discuss this with your attorney and must take some hard steps towards them. You can look at this website for real estate laws and also hire lawyer for you.

Hello all. I sold my house with a lease option.

Did yu use two separate document…one for the lease…and one for the option?

Are your tenant owners WELL qualified and did you use a licensed mortgage broker?

Otherwise if I remember correctly you may be in violation of the SAFE/Dodd/Frank Act.

They also cut down all of the huge granddaddy oak trees on the property.

Hopefully in you deed of trust it says something about keeping the property in good repair.?

They pay their payment, but I get calls all the time from neighbors complaining that they are shooting guns and yelling all the time.

If the property is within city limits, most cities prohibit the firing of weapons. A problem that should be taken up with local law enforcement.

I went yesterday to post a 3-day notice, and the male tenant assaulted me. I called the cops but it was a he said / she said situation.

A typical situation…NEVER, NEVER go to inspect/enforce anything without at least ONE Witness…otherwise you wind up like you have.

Is there any way to get them out??

Based upon what you posted you should proceed IMMEDIATELY to sit down with a good competent real estate attorney and have him/her assess your situation and possible action.

You need to hire an attorney and discuss the matter with them. I’m sure they’re gonna help you solve the issue.

This is not sense to do that now you should hier attorney and talk with them . They will definitely help you !!