How can I buy this note? - Posted by Levi

Posted by BS on March 22, 2006 at 10:36:34:

You come on this site and ask for assistance. You don’t post your real email address because apparently you don’t trust folks here not to send you “garbage”. Well, if you don’t trust them to not fill your inbox with spam, are you really going to take their advice? Just my opinion, but it all seems like BS.

How can I buy this note? - Posted by Levi

Posted by Levi on March 21, 2006 at 15:39:24:

A woman contacted me about a note she wants to sell. Remaining principal is close to $50,000, value of property is about $90,000. Monthly payments are $513 @ 9%, no balloon. Woman would probably take $40,000 for the note, and there is hardly any risk here, but where do I come up with $40,000? Would a bank get involved in a transaction like this?

Re: A Bunch of BS? - Posted by David Butler

Posted by David Butler on March 21, 2006 at 16:05:53:

Hello Levi,

Being as you listed your email response address as bs@bs.com

not sure any of us would want to waste any time on what might also be a lot of bs.

You’ll also see from a number of posts made in just the past three weeks, that you haven’t provided near enough information for anyone to tell you if anybody will buy THAT note.

And that’s no “BS”… :wink:

David P. Butler

Re: A Bunch of Broken aSsumptions? - Posted by Bill (in GA)

Posted by Bill (in GA) on March 30, 2006 at 16:18:20:

The above IS my real email address, BTW. I am not Levi.

The issue that Levi refers to is the situation where automated web “crawlers” will search the web for email addresses and build a spammable database for microfractions of a penny on the dollar compared to what you can pay for a valid, commercial email list. These do exist and are quite numerous, and cheap to build. I myself could probably write a really good one in under a day – not that I would. I sincerely doubt that Levi had intended any slight upon any member of this board. It is the general public he is concerned with.

I myself use my plegriggles email address pretty much only for creonline posts. I nonetheless get spam on this address. I understand and sympathize with Levi.

Please, cut him some slack. He knows what he is doing!

• Bill (in GA)

solution to the BS !!! - Posted by brandoncbsre@lycos,com

Posted by brandoncbsre@lycos,com on March 21, 2006 at 17:12:43:

Make the forum more user-friendly by requiring user registration and login. That way we wouldn’t have to type our name and email everytime to post and people couldn’t pose as other users. The benefits are numerous. Check out some other forums for ideas.

Re: A Bunch of BS? - Posted by Levi

Posted by Levi on March 21, 2006 at 16:21:48:

Why do you care what my email address is? I don’t post it because I don’t care to receive anymore garbage than I already get.

My question was how can “I” buy this note. I’d like to arrange some type of financing for it (if possible).