How can I locate foreclosures in Md, DC, Va area - Posted by trying to get a deal

Posted by Nate(DC) on March 29, 2002 at 21:12:50:

What do you mean, “remedy period”? Are you referring to an owner’s right of redemption? If so, I should advise you that private deed of trust foreclosures in all three jurisdictions (DC, MD, VA) have NO right of redemption. Once the hammer falls, the property is sold, unless the sale was invalid or improper.

NT

How can I locate foreclosures in Md, DC, Va area - Posted by trying to get a deal

Posted by trying to get a deal on March 28, 2002 at 15:58:16:

Dear fellow investors,

I am trying to get into real estate investments and I have come to realize that my money is VERY SHORT and my credit is ridiculous. I am having my debts consolidated to solve the latter, and I need to come up with some quick flips for the former. I wanted to know if anyone knew of a quick way to find foreclosures in the md, dc, va area? I know I could probable hit the courthouse, and the accessors office, but due to my work schedule, it is slim to none I will be able to do so. Also, I had lived in Detroit for about a year and they had a newspaper specifically for foreclosures, I believe it is called the “legal news”. I was wondering if anyone knew of any such publications here? Thank you very much,

signed
trying to get a deal

p.s. If i don’t not respond PPPLLLEEEAAAASSSSEEE feel free to email me:homefrontres@onebox.com

Re: How can I locate foreclosures - Posted by Nate(DC)

Posted by Nate(DC) on March 28, 2002 at 21:13:41:

I am confused. First you say you have no money and then you say you want to look for foreclosures which have to be bought for ALL CASH.

Am I missing something here?

If you want to locate foreclosure listings in DC or MD read the Washington Post (for DC), Montgomery Sentinel, Journal, and Gazette (for Montgomery Co) or PG Sentinel, Post, and Enquirer Gazette (for PG County). Some may also be in the legal papers but most are generally published in one or more of those newspapers.

NT

Re: How can I locate foreclosures - Posted by looking for a deal

Posted by looking for a deal on March 29, 2002 at 07:47:10:

thanks for the info. I am looking to find foreclosures that I can “qucik flip” to potential buyers that I have started databasing. If I am not to far into the remedy period, there is a good chance that the buyer can get financed.