How can I purchase without paying the realtor fee? - Posted by J.C.

Posted by Hakester on April 17, 2002 at 15:08:20:

Sounds like a great approach!!!

How can I purchase without paying the realtor fee? - Posted by J.C.

Posted by J.C. on April 16, 2002 at 18:39:32:

Here’s the situation:

About three months ago my wife and I looked at a duplex that was listed through a realtor. We liked the duplex a lot (we were planning on living there) so decided to put in an offer. The offer was NOT accepted. We put in a few more offers that were also NOT accepted. Now, three months later the listing has expired and I contacted the seller directly. He told me that if I buy the property any time in the next 6-months that the realtor will be owed the 6% fee. My question is: How can I purchase this property within 6-months without paying the realtor fee? Can I put an offer in to close after 6-months? Can I purchase it in an LLC? Can I Lease-Option? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

J.C.
Menomonee Falls, WI

purchase without paying the realtor fee? - Posted by GL(ON)

Posted by GL(ON) on April 17, 2002 at 10:01:02:

You don’t owe the realtor anything. Maybe the seller does but that is on him.

The other suggestions are good. If he won’t take a small fee for a quick no work commission, someone else will.

Bump out 1st agent with cheaper 2nd agent - Posted by Ed D(NH)

Posted by Ed D(NH) on April 16, 2002 at 21:35:50:

I was told that if another agent took on the listing that bumps out the previous agent.
The house I bought had the 6 mos. clause in it but the seller yanked the listing after 3 mos.
What I did was get another agent to do it for 3%
I found one that was also a broker so he had some flexibilty.

Re: …purchase without paying the realtor fee? - Posted by Tim Fierro (Tacoma, WA)

Posted by Tim Fierro (Tacoma, WA) on April 16, 2002 at 19:10:09:

1. Get the seller to get a release from their agent.

2. If they won’t release, ask if they will accept $1k to release the sellers from any obligations.