How can this not be a GOOD deal??? - Posted by Ricky(La.)

Posted by Ricky(La.) on March 21, 2000 at 06:35:47:

No,No,No, The rentals are not in Philly, the widow is moving to Philly. The rentals are in Central Louisiana, Alexandria to be specific. She’s leaving tommorrow!!!

How can this not be a GOOD deal??? - Posted by Ricky(La.)

Posted by Ricky(La.) on March 21, 2000 at 05:42:15:

Last night an old flame paged me to see if I wanted to shoot pool. She was over to a friend, helping her pack. The friend?s husband had passed away and she was moving back to Philadelphia. To make a long story short, The deceased husband owned 5 rentals whom the widow is prepared to let go for $20,000; for all five. Apparently the husband had an exceptionally large insurance policy, which I think takes the profit motivation out of the equation. All houses are rented so how bad can they be? She says first come first serve. I think their are two other players who are aware and interested in buying. I’ve been up since 4:00 am wanting to go wake her up to sign a contract; sight unseen, just to tie them up. The mortgage broker and myself are supposed to take a look at them at 9:00 this morning. Granted they’re not in the best neighborhood but again how bad can they be?
I’ll be buying them to flip so should they all have separate loans in case they are sold individually? What are some of the things I should look out for?
That guy we ate dinner with at the Convention, the one who got Bill Gates business card before he was “Bill Gates”, said it all. He said once you truly believe, things just start to happen. If you believe then it is. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Because it’s in Philly! - Posted by Roy H

Posted by Roy H on March 21, 2000 at 06:15:54:

I know exactly where that property is. It spells TROUBLE from the beginning. I already checked into it and I am passing on it! I am one of the two players you spoke about (I think). Anyway be careful and if not, remember I told you so!

Roy H