How do I find out what local rents are? - Posted by Jim C

Posted by phil fernandez on January 24, 2001 at 20:27:51:

Jim,

You are smart wanting to know what your local rental market rents for. Heres what I do, of course I know my market. Take a look in your local paper. What are two bedrooms without utilities renting for. Now call on these ads and go out to take a peek. Hey you’re a potential tenant right. Don’t feel bashful.

Next call some management companies and ask them what they are getting for a nice two bedroom without utilities. Go and look at a few.

Call some realtors. Ask them what a two bedroom without utilities will fetch.

Anybody that you know that is renting a two bedroom, yup you guessed it, without utilities, ask them what they are paying for rent.

After doing all this you will get a great handle on what a two bedroom without utilities is renting for in your market area.

It’s kinda like Ed Garcia’s phrase, " get out in the street." That’s the best teacher.

How do I find out what local rents are? - Posted by Jim C

Posted by Jim C on January 24, 2001 at 18:41:25:

Is there any place that I can call up and they can send me something with a list of local rents? I wouldn’t think so, but I think I heard something about a business called NTN, or something like that, that offers this.

Otherwise, how does everyone find out what local rents are? Should I just look in the paper to see what the rents are, or should I call up landlords and see what they ask for rent?

Thanks!!!