How do I Find owners of vacant properties? - Posted by john

Posted by J.P. Vaughan on January 30, 2000 at 07:34:32:

Joe Kaiser has written a course devoted to this very
topic: Abandoned Properties. You can find a complete
description in our Online Catalog.

How do I Find owners of vacant properties? - Posted by john

Posted by john on January 30, 2000 at 01:11:29:

When I pull up county tax records for the address of vacant properties, I many times get only the address of the vacant property itself. But as you can figure out since the house is vacant I can’t find the owner.

I live in california so the DMV(driver’s license) information is NOT available(by an anti-stalking law). Also the voters registration office is not allowed(also by law) to give out personal information such as address, tel,etc.

From the experiences of the Gurus and non-gurus what has been the most effective, and cost-effective method of finding the current address of owners of vacant abandoned properties? Is there a method which can give me say 90% of the current addresses of these owners.

Any great websites, or services that you have come across?

Thanks in advance!

Try the back door… - Posted by Brandi_TX

Posted by Brandi_TX on January 31, 2000 at 15:03:08:

When you are getting the info on the owner, find out if there are any lawsuits pending due to back taxes (if any are owed). If there are, they can give you the case number(s) then you can go to your district clerk and ask them to pull the files for you.

Dig through these files and you may come across the name and address of a family member or the owner themself. The papers had to be served to someone… find out who and where, and take it from there.

Good luck,

Ask the neighbors… How do I find the neighbors? Go to… - Posted by Lee

Posted by Lee on January 30, 2000 at 13:27:54:
enter the street name, city and state and POOF! there they are, call them, most are happy to help.

Good Luck!


Re: How do I Find owners of vacant properties? - Posted by steve

Posted by steve on January 30, 2000 at 11:07:37:

Secret Source called COUNTY COURTHOUSE. Go to Court House, Go to Recorders office, plead ignorance, give address, they will give you name of person, address, mortgage amounts, then go to Auditors office they will give you address for mailing tax statements, then try phone book, need more info find me.