I forgot the “s”

sorry

How do I find preforclosure listings??? - Posted by Kenny

Posted by Kenny on November 09, 2000 at 03:25:31:

I m a bit new at this.

Kenny

Re: How do I find preforclosure listings??? - Posted by William, Columbus, OH

Posted by William, Columbus, OH on November 09, 2000 at 22:42:32:

Kenny: Call up your county courthouse and ask them where and when they advertise their Sheriff sales
(pre-foreclosure announcements). Then either buy that newspaper on that day or pay a lot more money to get belated listings from some foreclosure newsletter.
In my area the first newspaper listing is six weeks before the sale. Not much time for an inexperienced investor to perform. If you go to the sale and try to bid you will need cash in hand and the ability to come up with the balance in a given time period. Thirty days usually…sometimes less. It’s easier to run ads appealing to those in trouble and getting the ones that care about their credit before they actually have the process take place. Most banks that foreclose are at the sales bidding the prices up to their desired price…or they buy them back. When you know how, and I don’t, you can call the lender and negotiate to buy the property and avoid the sale altogether.
“The Associates” and other lenders usually publish a list of REO’s along with the price, etc. They will act like they want the asking price but you can usually negotiate better prices on the ones they have not been able to move quickly, and even on some of the newer ones.

Re: How do I find preforclosure listings??? - Posted by Jim C

Posted by Jim C on November 09, 2000 at 11:25:57:

I actually just got a few local books on forclosures and they have some preforclosures in them. One of them I think is just made around here (NJ). It’s called Foreclosure News. There is also a better one called American Forclosures and I think that is sold throughout the country. Just go to a news stand and see what you can find. You may find more than I did. If you can’t find the American Foreclosure magazine, go to www.americanforeclosure.com, but I think you may need a password for it, but check it out anyway. GOOD LUCK!!!

Re: How do I find preforclosure listings??? - Posted by Bill Gatten

Posted by Bill Gatten on November 10, 2000 at 16:44:39:

Clicked on www.americanforeclosure.com; but it appears they have been forclosed upon. Nobody home.

Bill