How do I find the owner of a vacant property?? - Posted by jim

Posted by Ron Wright on August 21, 2003 at 20:26:30:

To whomever this may concern,
I would like to know of a website where I can find the
owner of a vacant property, instead of having to make the trip to the Record’s Office. Do you have any suggestions?

How do I find the owner of a vacant property?? - Posted by jim

Posted by jim on November 05, 2002 at 21:56:12:

I found a house with two water notices on it. The second notice stated that the water has been turned off. I talked to the next door neighbor and he told me the owner hasn’t been around for a couple months. He did not know the owner’s last name, but he knows that they just packed up and left. I would like to get a hold of them and try to get the house before it goes into foreclosure. How do I go about finding the owner’s name? Or, can I go to the lender and approach them? How do I find out who the lender is? Does this look like a possible short sale?

Thankyou

Jim

Re: How do I find the owner of a vacant property?? - Posted by mawi

Posted by mawi on November 06, 2002 at 10:34:27:

If you have the address and the municipality has such records online all you have to do is go to their web site.

Re: How do I find the owner of a vacant property?? - Posted by TCR_Va

Posted by TCR_Va on November 05, 2002 at 22:39:17:

If you have the address of the house, go to the Records Office and Tax Assessor’s Office in the county or city where the house is located. Give the clerk the address and ask for the owner’s name and current address. It’s free and it is public information.

The problem is finding the owner if he/she have left the property. You can always try a former phone number to see if the operator recording states their new number. Maybe you can look up their name in the phone book and by chance reach a relative nearby. Good Luck!

Re: website - Posted by TCR_Va

Posted by TCR_Va on August 21, 2003 at 22:31:28:

I wish I knew as well - it would make things easier. Some counties (and cities) have online tax assessment info on homes (thereby finding the owner info). Try NETR Online • Home - Environmental Records, Property Records, Public Records & Historic Aerial Images

You may actually find what you are looking for!

• Troy Ross