HOW DO I START IN REAL ESTATE INVESTING - Posted by THOMAS

Posted by Rich on March 09, 2001 at 12:43:05:

Hi JohnBoy,
Your reply should be required reading at the top of the page before anyone is allowed to proceed further. As a matter of fact, I think I’ll start doing some reading myself.

• Rich
    p.s. - I haven’t filed the big BK yet, but go to the financial page and read my note there to Ed. I may be there sooner than I thought.

HOW DO I START IN REAL ESTATE INVESTING - Posted by THOMAS

Posted by THOMAS on March 09, 2001 at 11:57:28:

IM 19 YEARS OLD AND I HAVE SEEN THE CARLTEON SHEETS INFOMERCIAL A NUMBER OF TIME… IT SEEMS TO GOOD TO BE TRUE, BUT I KNOW IT ACTUALLY HAS WORKED FOR PEOPLE. I WANT A PIECE OF THE PIE AS WELL BUT I REALLY DONT HAVE MUCH KNOWLEGE OF REAL ESTATE INVESTING OR HOW IT WORKS… IM WILLING TO STUDY OR DUE WHATEVER I HAVE TO DO TO LEARN ABOUT IT BUT I DONT KNOW WHERE TO START IF ANYONE COULD GIVE ME SOME IDEAS OR PERSONAL EXPERIENCE I WOULD GREATLY APPRECIATE IT!!! THANX SOOO MUCH

You answered your own question. - Posted by RobH (MI)

Posted by RobH (MI) on March 09, 2001 at 23:14:05:

You answered your own question.

You stated that, and I quote “IM WILLING TO STUDY OR DUE WHATEVER I HAVE TO
DO TO LEARN ABOUT IT BUT I DONT KNOW WHERE TO START.”
Being that you have already committed yourself by your own confession, and Mr.
Sheets has introduced you to an entry point, you may only be stalling and wasting time
by embracing “decision by indecision.”

No one here can make up your mind, or due the work for you.

Start… and… Learn.

RobH (MI)

P.S. Why all caps in your message? Are you yelling at someone?

Re: HOW DO I START IN REAL ESTATE INVESTING - Posted by JohnBoy

Posted by JohnBoy on March 09, 2001 at 12:21:25:

Start by going to the top of the main page here. On the left side click on the link that says “Success Stories” and then READ EVERY ONE OF THEM AT LEAST THREE TIMES OVER.

Then when you’re finished with that, next click on the link that says “How to Articles” and READ EVERYONE OF THEM AT LEAST THREE TIMES!

From their determine which type of investing most appeals to you (Lease options, renting, rehabs, etc) and then click on the links that offers courses for sale. Find a course that pertains to the type of investing you like most and start with that! Master that and then move on to another type of investing to expand your knowledge to enable yourself to have more tools in your toolbox to work with. That will allow you to find more solutions to close more deals!

Also, READ EVERY SINGLE POST ON THESE NEWSGROUPS HERE! There are SIX different newsgroups on this site.

You are on the newsgroup II which is where most new people end up coming when they find this site. You will find the LEAST amount of real world knowledge on this page since most of everything here is pertaining to questions like, “Does Carleton Sheets really work??”

The MAIN NEWSGROUP is where you will find the most valuable information here that is posted by MANY investors that are out there DOING this stuff full time on a daily basis!

Then there’s the MOBILE HOMES NEWSGROUP for making money investing in mobile homes. The COMMERCIAL NEWSGROUP for commercial properties (apartment buildings, shopping centers, office buildings, etc.) Then there’s the FINANCING NEWSGROUP that pertains to financing real estate deals. The PAPER AND NOTES NEWSGROUP that pertains to making money in real estate paper, such as notes and mortgages.

READ ALL THE POSTS ON ALL THESE NEWSGROUPS!!! After you’ve done all this you should have a pretty good understanding of what’s involved. If you have a particular question on something then scroll to the top of the newsgroup that pertains to the type of property you’re interested in and click on “Search the Archives” link and then type in the word or words pertaining to your question. You will probably get MANY posts that have been posted in the past that will answer your questions many times over!

Now GET BUSY READING!