How do sellers respond? - Posted by Lisa the newbie

Posted by lils on July 16, 2002 at 13:35:40:

This sounds like a great success story! Care to share with us?
Lils

How do sellers respond? - Posted by Lisa the newbie

Posted by Lisa the newbie on July 16, 2002 at 09:34:11:

Hey everyone! I’m brand new to this board. Glad to have found it. Great info here.

Several years ago I read through Carlton Sheets’ course but thought it all sounded too good to be true and I was a very negative person at that time. Now that I have grown and know the power of setting goals and reaching your dreams, I am ready to look at this again and see if it would be a good thing for me to do.

Just read through many posts on this main board and on the Carlton Sheets board. JohnBoy had an excellent post describing the way this business works (on the Carlton Sheets board). But it leaves me with a couple of questions.

If you buy property from the original owner and their name is still on the bank paperwork, how do sellers feel about this and knowing that they are ultimately responsible in the bank’s eyes? Do you wait until the sellers are so motivated that this does not seem like a big deal to them? Or are they reassured by the fact that they have a contract with you and if you fail to make payments they have a leg to stand on with that paperwork?

As a “regular citizen” who does not know all the details of this biz, I would be leery of agreeing to something like this. Of course once I sit down and read everything on this board to get up to speed I probably won’t feel that way because it will all make sense to me.

Hope that doesn’t sound negative. I’m just trying to think ahead to what sellers would say and think through what my response would be. Kind of like having a script prepared to know how to deal with situations when they crop up so I’m not left saying, “Um, uh, er…”

Thanks!

Re: How do sellers respond? - Posted by tom johnston

Posted by tom johnston on July 16, 2002 at 11:02:00:

the best thing you can do is not to worry about what they will think and just do it. i spent a year on these posts and reading books and one day i said what they hell you never know until you try. now i do real estate full time. i can’t image doing anything else.

Re: How do sellers respond? - Posted by TomK

Posted by TomK on July 16, 2002 at 09:48:26:

You have to look at this from their situation. I didn’t believe it either until someone signed their house over to me. What you need to understand is, these are people who are trying to get out from under this monthly payment. They will do anything to have this weight lifted. The first time I tried to do this, the couple was more than willing to sign their house over to me. And when I left, they couldn’t thank me enough for helping them. You will never understand what this is like until you are in their situation.