how do you do it? - Posted by Roshika

Posted by terryr on March 23, 2001 at 21:53:26:

focus on the mobile home concepts - they take the least money and make cash the quickest - they have their own bbs it is: http://www.creonline.com/mobilehomes/wwwboard4/index.html

how do you do it? - Posted by Roshika

Posted by Roshika on March 23, 2001 at 17:12:37:

I’m a 20 yr. old and bought the course. I really need help starting out!!! The infomercials made it look so easy. I am a patient person but I need some one with experiance to help me out so that I could get the hang of things. Please if you’re out there and really don’t mind, I need a coach and a lot of support. I’ve called Carleton sheets coaching program, but they want a whopping $2,495 just for a six month period of time. I really can’t afford the program. I already spent money on the course. please, please, please, help me.

Re: how do you do it? - Posted by Bob (Md)

Posted by Bob (Md) on March 24, 2001 at 07:58:40:

The CS course is sort of like taking the “minnow” swimming course at the local YMCA. It’s enough to start swimming, but there’s a whole lot more to learn. If you just want to buy your own home, it probably has enough info. If you want to make serious money, consider it a good first step.

If you want to learn for cheap, get a library card, check out everything you can find on real estate from the library and read it. Make notes - especially about the things you don’t understand. At some point, things will start to jell and you’ll get a big case of the “A-HAs!”. Follow the discussions on this board - I recommend board 1 (general) and 3 (finance). Lurk for a while to pick up on things, and then start asking questions.

By the way - you can study and watch videos and sporting events until the cows come home, but you can’t learn to swim without getting in the pool.

Get out there and make something happen. Remember that you can always back out if your offers are written correctly and you discover you’re making a mistake.

Re: how do you do it? - Posted by matt

Posted by matt on March 24, 2001 at 01:41:07:

email pop he’ll help you. his email:
jcompton@netexas.net
out of town at present but he’ll get back to you.

matt

Re: how do you do it? - Posted by Jeff

Posted by Jeff on March 23, 2001 at 22:31:03:

Listen; It takes “balls” to get up everyday and make something out of nothing… You don’t need a coach, what you need to do is get out of your house after a couple of cups of coffee (grab your local newspaper) and start talking to people…ie; Hello, I want to buy your house… How much are you asking? OK, how about your price and my terms? Will you hold the mortgage? Is there an existing mortgage? How much? yadee yadee… Look email me with your situation and I’ll give you a heads-up opinion… I purchased the CS course for _hits & giggles (It’s not too good). You need real world experience (which includes getting @#%&*@ on) forget the text book applications, they don’t apply… Good luck and get out of the house and talk to people… Jeff

Re: how do you do it? - Posted by Leigh

Posted by Leigh on March 23, 2001 at 22:06:44:

You really can’t afford not to have a coach. I paid the $2,495 and haven’t looked back since. I did all the assignments and everything else the coach suggested. I had my first property, a duplex, within the first couple of months - would never have done it without them. They offered me a payment plan - that’s how I did it. I guess it can happen without the help, but I’m glad I did the coaching.